B2980A series femto/ picoammeter & electrometer/ high resistance meter
Supplier: Keysight Technologies
Technology type: Femto-Picoammeter and Electrometer / High Resistance Meters
The B2980A series of femto/ picoammeter meters and electrometers not only offer best-in-class measurement performance, but also provide unprecedented features to maximise your measurement confidence.
Both the picoammeters and electrometers provide a world-best performance of 0.01 fA (0.01 x 10-15 A) pico current measurement resolution. In addition, the electrometers can measure resistance up to 10 PΩ (10 x 1015 Ω), which is also a best-in-class specification of pico ampere meters. Finally, since AC power line noise can be difficult to eliminate when making low-level measurements, both the picoammeters and electrometers are available in battery powered versions.
All B2980A series femto/ picoammeter meters and electrometers have a 4.3” liquid crystal display that supports a variety of viewing modes (numeric, trend chart and histogram), which eliminates the need to perform data analysis on a PC. Also, built-in real-time noise monitor helps you to select the appropriate measurement. These unique capabilities of pico ampere meters and electrometers enable you to capture transient device and material behaviour to make quick statistical analysis on the spot, thereby greatly increasing measurement confidence and efficiency.
Optional setup integrity checker software is available to help you isolate the cause of noise arising from external setup elements, such as cables, connectors, adapters, chambers, etc. The B2980A series femto/ picoammeter meters and electrometers provide numerous unique, best-in-class capabilities that greatly improve your ability to make sensitive measurements.
For range details, please see the catalogue in the downloads section below.
A high level overview of what this range offers
- 0.01 fA (10-17 A) minimum measurement resolution and 2 pA to 20 mA current measurement ranges
- 6.5 digits resolution
- < 20 μV burden voltage in its lowest current range
- High speed reading rate up to 20,000 rdg/s
- Measurement resistances up to 10 PΩ (1016 Ω)
- Independent current and voltage measurement
- Temperature and humidity measurement
- Graphical viewing modes (meter, graph, histogram and roll view)
- Integrated 1,000-V source supports resistance measurements up to 10 PΩ
- Battery operation models for line-free noise measurements
- Graphical time domain and histogram views