CM Series NDIR Sensors
Supplier: Cubic Sensor and Instrument Co. Ltd
Technology type: CO2 Sensors
NDIR technology represents a reliable and accurate method to measure CO2 concentration in the air. The measurement principle is based on the light absorption at specific wavelengths due to gas presence. The key advantage is that there is a negligible cross-sensitivity to other gases/humidity, which is a common problem for traditional semiconductor / electrochemical cells.
NDIR sensors provide a very long, reliable life expectancy.
The CM series have single, dual-beam and a new ‘dual-IR’ structure. In the ‘dual-IR’ structure two IR light sources are present, so that longer lifetime, less drift and better stability is achievable.
A high level overview of what this range offers
- High accuracy, long life (>10 years estimated)
- No need for re-calibration/maintenance
- Single beam (one IR emitter and one detector) or dual-beam (one IR emitter and two detectors, one for measurement and one for reference)
- Available new ‘dual-IR’ structure for even longer life-time expectation (more than 15yrs)
- PWM/UART/I2C signal output
- Connector for PCB mounting with easy installation
- UART, I2C, PWM output
- Super low-power version available for battery operation in portable instruments
- Small size
- Typical applications are for automatic ventilation systems for HVAC, Indoor air quality monitors, iot devices, smart agriculture, air purifier
What's in this range?
All the variants in the range and a comparison of what they offer
|Model||Measurement range||Internal structure||Accuracy||Consumption||Communication protocol|
|CM1106-C||400-5000ppm||Single beam (with ABC logic)||+/- (50ppm + 5% reading)||<45mA @ 1s||UART / I2C / PWM|
|CM1106LS||400-5000ppm||Single beam (with ABC logic)||+/- (50ppm + 5% reading)||<35mA @ 1s||UART / I2C / PWM|
|CM1106SL-N||0-5000ppm||Single beam (with ABC logic)||+/- (50ppm + 5% reading)||<30uA @ 2min||UART|
|CM1107N||400-5000ppm||Dual beam||± (50ppm+3% of reading)||<50mA @ 1s||UART / I2C / PWM|
|CM1109||400-5000ppm||Dual IR||+/- (50ppm + 5% reading)||<70mA @ 1.25s||UART / I2C / PWM|
|CM1106H-NS||PWM:0-2000ppm, UART: 0-10,0000ppm||Single beam (with ABC logic)||+/- (30ppm + 3% of reading)||<50mA @ 1s||UART, TTL, PWM|
|CM1106S-W||0-5000ppm||Single beam (with ABC logic)||+/- (50ppm + 3% of reading)||<20mA @ 1s||UART, TTL, I2C|
|CM1106SL-NS||0-5000ppm||Single beam (with ABC logic)||+/- (50ppm +5% of reading)||<37uA||UART, TTL, I2C|
|CM1107NS||0-1000ppm||Dual beam||+/- (30ppm + 3% of reading)||<50mA @ 1s||UART, TTL, I2C, PWM|
|CM1107H||0-5% vol||Dual beam||+/- (0.02%, +10% of reading)||<50mA @ 1s||UART, TTL, I2C|