RS8500 Infrared R&D Camera
Supplier: Teledyne FLIR
Technology type: Infrared R&D Cameras
FLIR's RS8500 MWIR camera consists of a high-performance thermal imaging camera for research and development and a zoom lens in a weatherproof housing. It has been specially designed for long-range target tracking. With its cooled mid-infrared detector and high resolution of 1,280 x 1,024 pixels, the RS8500 delivers up to 180 frames per second at full resolution.
The continuous zoom lens of the thermal imaging camera from 120 - 1,200mm provides focal length and focus position data for each lens position. This metadata can be integrated into the image header with a TSPI-accurate time stamp. This makes the RS8500 the ideal thermal imaging camera solution for military, aerospace, and outdoor research applications.
A high level overview of what this range offers
- Indium antimonide detector (InSb) with 1280 x 1024 pixels
- Zoom lens with a focal length of 120 to 1,200mm
- Thermal sensitivity of 25 mK (typ.)
- Motorised zoom and focus
- Spectral range 3.0 - 5.0µm (mid-wave infrared, MWIR)
- Frame rate up to 180Hz at a megapixel resolution
- Integrated filter wheel with four positions for neutral density filters
- Weatherproof housing with optional motorised lens cap