Designing a cleaner future with smart sensing solutions
Air pollution is a growing concern worldwide, and with environmental conditions having a major impact on our health and well-being, environmental monitoring is becoming more important. So much so that the EU has introduced the Clean Air Act, to follow air pollution standards it expects all member states to meet in order to protect the natural environment from harmful contaminants with a detrimental effect if inhaled or absorbed through the skin.
With the Environmental sensor market likely to grow by almost 60% by 2023* a huge opportunity to generate smarter sensor devices across both indoor and outdoor environments is opening up, along with a shift in preference from single parameter sensors to combined ones – those measuring more than one parameter in a single device where small size and low power consumption are a key requirement.
* According to market research firm Markets and Markets, environmental sensor revenue is set to increase to $2.19 billion by 2023, up from $1.37 billion in 2018.
What’s important when selecting a sensor for AQM?
As a complete solutions provider with years of expertise in applying and developing environmental sensor solutions for both indoor and harsh environments, not only can we provide the best sensor technology available, we can support your design, integration and development to create ground-breaking applications whilst focussing on what’s important for AQM applications, such as:
- Accuracy & Stability – The maximum difference between the actual and indicated value needs to be minimal to ensure you are delivered accurate readings of what you are monitoring.
- Low power consumption – a long life span is key for a sensor that’s applied to a device that needs to last or is remote. Constant, consistent readings over a long period with minimal change in the readings after time and usage.
- Small size – Their decrease in size means they can be easily placed in many more locations measuring different attributes and opens up more portable and wearable device opportunities.
Bespoke sensing & connectivity solutions
Our extensive range covers all key parameters for any environment, but to help solve more complex challenges for your application, we can design and build a complete solution to your needs with customer-specific combinations and custom-designed solutions along with wireless connectivity.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) sensors
Generally relating to the air quality in and around residential and commercial buildings, indoor air quality sensors are used to detect and monitor humidity, temperature and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and provide the necessary data to alert connected systems to clean the air accordingly.
Typical sensors for this are required to be sensitive, robust and small in size, they can be easily installed within filtration, pollen filters and HVAC systems with the ideal sensor able to detect the entire range of parameters at the same time.
Indoor air quality applications also apply across harsh environments, where sensors are used to measure applications having been subject to a significant rise in regulation in recent years with particle sensors expected to be able to continuously monitor and meet industry standards, ISO and certification requirements for proper airflow and ventilation.
Typical sensors for this are required to be highly accurate, reliable with consistent performance for applications such as clean rooms (operating theatres, pathology labs, research facilities as well as automotive, electronics and food industry applications)
Outdoor Air Quality (OAQ) sensors
Typical sources of contaminants for OAQ come from combustion engines and emissions, fossil fuels, refineries and factories, industrial and laboratory processes, causing air pollution.
These sensors typically need to be able to perform in harsh environments which requires high-performance levels, to be extremely robust and protected from certain elements (temperature or humidity etc)
Detects CO2 concentration of indoor air using NDIR technology
- Single beam, Infrared
- Advanced NDIR technology
- 0-2000ppm measurement range
- High accuracy & stability
- Advanced auto-calibration
- Compact, easy to install
- Low power operation
For indoor use based on laser scattering technology.
- Measure particle concentration size between 0.3~10µm exactly
- Output particle mass concentration PM1.0, PM2.5, PM10 in µg/m3
- Real-time output, High accuracy, high-sensitive and quick response (≤8s)
- Measuring mode options – single / continuous / timing / dynamic
Highly integrated & combines CO2 sensor, VOC, temperature and humidity with real-time digital measurement.
- Low-power consumption
- Ultra-thin at 12mm NDIR laser particle sensor
- Easy to install
- EMC compliant
With a variety of amplified and unamplified options
- Combines high sensitivity with high overpressure
- Provides more flexibility in sensor implementation
- Long-term stability, accuracy and flexibility enables performance under demanding conditions
provides excellent repeatability.
IP67 Harsh Environment combined Humidity & Temperature Sensor
- Ready to use - Fully calibrated and temperature-compensated
- Water-resistant - IP67 Certified
- Digital Output or Pulse Density Modulated (PDM) Output converted to Analog
- Available in multiple flexible cable lengths
- Precise and accurate (±2% RH, ±0.5°C, 14-bit resolution)
- Low current consumption
- Reliable in harsh environments
- Flexible mounting options
Cost-effective for high moisture environments and specifically designed and dedicated for harsh environmental conditions.
- Temp range -50°C to 105°C
(up to 150°C alternatives are available)
- waterproof protection IP68
- Flexible size of tolerances (smallest tip diameter 4.5 mm)
- Excellent resistance to UV (black insulation)
- ROHS compliant and Halogen Free
- Wide range of R/T characteristics
- NTC and PTC thermistors, PtRTD versions are available
- Cable remains flexible at minimum design temperature