Discover our range of technologies
UV and visible photodetectors
Our Si APDs (Silicon Avalanche Photodiodes) are used in the wavelength range between 260nm and 1100nm. Their extreme sensitivity makes them ideal for detecting weak light signals up to photon counting.
Our growing range of SiPMs (Silicon Photo-Multipliers) detectors, either a single cell or multiple cells (linear or matrix), with each photocell acting individual Geiger Mode – Avalanche Photodiode (GM-APD), propose good alternatives to PMT’s (Photo-Multiplier Tubes) when size, power and cost matters.
Our UV photodetectors will match your most demanding requirements in applications like UV index monitoring, UV curing, UV sterilisation, polymerisation, UV spectroscopy, UV imaging, and many more.
We have visible photodetectors for any application requiring optimised detection performance like distance measurement, LiDARs, light barriers, laser control, flow-cytometry, photon-counting, and spectroscopy.
For the infrared spectrum, we offer a unique choice of detectors with multiple material technologies: InGaAs, InAs/InAsSb, PbS/PbSe, InSb, MCT. Our team of engineers will help you to select the best-suited photodetector based on precise criteria such as:
- Infrared bandwidth: InGaAs (typically 1 to 1.7 microns), InAs (3.3/3.4 microns), InAsSb (5.4/5.5 microns), PbS (1-3.3micron), PbSe (1-4.5 microns), InSb (typically 3-5 microns), MCT (typically -2 to 18 microns)
- Packaging: chip only (solderable including standard TO-18, TO-46, TO-5, and TO-8), with optics, fibered, and encapsulated with optics
- Cooling: none, Peltier, Stirling-cooler, and liquid nitrogen
- Resolution: from a single element, quadrant (for position sensing or discrete filter on each cell), linear array (for spectroscopy or scanning application), and 2D-matrix for imaging
All our infrared photodetectors are optimised to give you the best performance in the following applications:
- Industry: gas analysis, laser control and measurement, and infrared spectroscopy
- Security and military: early warning systems, missile guidance, and IOD detection
- Environment: air quality control and water management
- Medical: haematology, respiratory systems, FT-IR spectroscopy, and Raman microscopy
- Transportation: engine gas emission control and train safety systems such as Hot-Box for brakes and axle control
- R&D: spectroscopy, laser experiments, and ultra-fast spectroscopy
When it comes to developing custom solutions for tomorrow's technologies, we trust our approach to deliver the best possible outcome.
Our engineers will skilfully guide you through each stage of your project, working with you to understand and identify a solution that meets your technical and commercial needs before designing and integrating your solution.
Working together to create the right solution.FIND OUT HOW
From modified to fully customised components.FIND OUT HOW
Technological expertise across your application lifecycle.FIND OUT HOW
Our solutions and expertise are centred around six key markets
Over the years we have built up considerable knowledge and knowhow, providing tailored solutions for our customers.
- Industrial and Connectivity
- Renewable energy
- Aerospace and Defence
Our technology partners
Discover our strategic partners
Technical news and insights
Access industry news and Acal BFi articles, white papers and brochures