Ruggedised & Harsh Environment Cable Assemblies
Supplier: Acal BFi
Technology type: Ruggedised Custom Assembly
ACAL BFi has the capability to manufacture custom ruggedised and harsh environment cable assemblies to customer specifications, supporting volumes from test cable sets to full production. These high-performance circular connector based assemblies are perfectly suited for use in demanding environments ranging from outdoor installations to high corrosion environments such as naval systems, military and oil & gas applications
A high level overview of what this range offers
- Ruggedised & harsh Environment cable assemblies and loom specialists
- Environmentally Sealed options from IP68 / IP69k rated plastic/metal industrial connectors through to MIL qualified products
- Planforms to support a range of requirements from signal to high power, including hybrid configurations including RF & fibre
- Corrosion resistant shell materials from composite and plastic through to stainless steel and marine aluminium bronze
- RoHS compliant materials including black zinc nickel, grey zinc and electroless nickel platings
- MIL connector assemblies based on MIL-DTL-26482, MIL-DTL-38999, Pattern 608, 5015
- Assemblies produced at our UK based in-house manufacturing centre alongside our dedicated MIL connector assembly line
- Technical support to assist engineers in the specification of the correct connector, backshell and cable products for their application
What's in this range?
All the variants in the range and a comparison of what they offer
Cable assembly technology
Circular Military & Industrial Ruggedised
As an authorised assembly partner to Amphenol Ltd, we provide MIL-DTL-26482, 5015, 608, MIL-DTL-38999, PAN and JN released connectors, assembled at our purpose-built facility in the UK. With thousands of possible configurations including shell and planform configurations, materials and plating, orientation and keying, custom pin loading, accessory kits through to integration into complete cable assemblies.
For protection against fluid ingress and corrosion, we supply a range of connector solutions with ratings up to IP69/K integrated onto cable assemblies to customer specifications.
For more demanding requirements, we offer specialist hermetic products for use in vacuum or high-pressure scenarios in instrumentation and subsea applications
High Power Solutions
With power-carrying solutions of 1,000A+ utilising the latest hyperbolic contact technologies, we can provide interconnect options ranging from robust and proven military circular derivatives to bespoke hybrid / electric vehicle driveline assemblies.
Hybrid Cable Solutions
Where applications require maximum functionality through a single cable we are able to produce hybrid assemblies with combinations of copper signal, power, fibre and RF through one connector planform.