Acal BFi Nordic AB are committed to ongoing environmental improvements and the prevention of pollution. To achieve these commitments, Acal BFi Nordic AB have established the following environmental objectives.
- To comply with environmental legislation and regulations, and continually review how our activities impact on the environment, changing legislation and best practice where necessary.
- To deal with suppliers who are environmentally responsible in their business activities and who are committed to continued improvements for the benefit of the environment.
- To reduce energy consumption.
- To encourage the use of recycling wherever possible.
- To reduce waste and ensure that it is disposed of in accordance with current legislation and does no harm to the environment.
- To encourage staff participation in measures to promote and improve environmental issues
Acal BFi is committed to Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance. To comply with REACH Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006, we undertake the following:
- Acal BFi are in contact with all suppliers in order to obtain full and correct information on the status of all articles and to ensure the availability of those articles in the future.
- The duty to inform our customers about certain substances in articles as indicated in the REACH Directive and SVHC Candidate List covers only those substances listed in the formal Candidate List which was published on 28 October 2008 (and thereafter) and only if they are present at 0.1% or greater than this amount.
- We will monitor all further obligations with regards to Annex XIV and SHVC and will advise accordingly.
- Acal BFi have not pre-registered, nor intend to register any substances. We do not sell any articles containing any substances that are intended to be released at any time. Therefore pre-registration or registration is not required.
- Acal BFi fully relies on information provided by our valued Suppliers. Upon request a written confirmation from our Supplier detailing the SVHC information can be provided.
For REACH enquiries, please contact us
European Chemicals Agency
To view the Candidate List of Substances of Very High Concern click here.
Restrictions of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Policy
(European Community Directive 2011/65 and Amendment 2015/863)
Acal BFi is committed to Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance. The RoHS Directives states that electric and electronic Products (EEE) put on the European Union Market relate to restrictions on the marketing and use of certain dangerous substances and preparations (pentabromodiphenyl ether, octabromodiphenyl ether) or, if present, are below the maximum concentration values tolerated by weight in the homogeneous material as indicated in Annex II of Directive 2011/65/EU referring to Article 4(1)
These Hazardous Substances enclose the following items and maximum concentration value by weight in the homogeneous material:
|Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) or||<0.1%|
|Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE)||<0.1%|
|Bis(2-Ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)||<0.1%|
|Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP)||<0.1%|
|Dibutyl phthalate (DBP)||<0.1%|
|Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP)||<0.1%|
Acal BFi fully relies on information provided by our valued Suppliers. The current RoHS Status of our Products is shown on all relevant documents such as Invoice, Delivery Note and Order Acknowledgment. Upon request a written confirmation from our Supplier can be provided.
We work closely with our valued Suppliers to ensure our products meet the RoHS amendment (22.07.2019) requirements.
Within the European Union, Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) is now subject to regulation designed to reduce the amount going to landfill and increase the amount being recycled.
The EU Directive 2012/19/EU on WEEE requires that producers of electronic equipment be responsible for the end-of-life collection, treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) put on the EU market after February,2014. The Directive was transposed in to UK law at the start of 2007 and as a producer, Acal BFi and each relevant trading Division endeavour to meet these environmental responsibilities for managing WEEE.
Take-back policy (new WEEE)
To comply with the UK WEEE Regulations, where Acal BFi have originally sold EEE within the UK, Acal BFi have introduced a product take-back program which covers collection, treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal of all electrical and electronic equipment sold on or after 13 August 2005. As per legislation, from 1 April 2007 all new WEEE place on to the market by Acal BFi will carry our unique Producer ID mark.
Take-back policy (historic WEEE)
The WEEE Directive and corresponding UK WEEE Regulations do not obligate Acal BFi to collect or receive historic WEEE purchase before 13 August 2005. However, should you have such a need, Acal BFi will evaluate your request on a case-by-case basis, although it should be noted that a management fee may apply.
WEEE registration detail
Producer Registration Numbers – WEE/CC0069TY, BPRN00618
For WEEE enquiries, please contact us
Acal BFi Conflict minerals policy
EU Directive 2017/821 – US Dodd Frank Act
Acal BFi is committed to being socially, economically and environmentally responsible and will not knowingly procure components that contain minerals that are directly or indirectly, financing or benefiting armed groups in the Democratic Republic Of Congo (DRC) or adjoining countries or any countries which are defined as conflict-affected or high-risk areas as defined by OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation).
We fully comply with EU Directive EU 2017/821 which defines due diligence obligations for Union importers of tin, tantalum, tungsten, and gold originating from conflict-affected and high-risk areas. For our supply chain due diligence we use the CMRT Template of RMI (Responsible Minerals Initiative) to investigate and obtain this information from our suppliers.
Under EU Directive 2017/821 Acal BFi is defined as a so called downstream company and as such we have to fully rely on the information received from our suppliers.
Details based on Items or Franchises can be provided upon request.
Acal BFi Nordic AB (Sweden) are a member of the following compliance schemes:
- WEEE Directive – WEE/CC0069TY
- Packaging Regulations – Reg No BP1465
- Batteries Directive – Reg No BPRN00618