Discover our range of technologies
A laser rangefinder, also called a laser telemeter, is a rangefinder that uses a laser beam to determine the distance to an object. This indispensable measurement tool is ideal where quick and precise distance, angle, or slope measurements are required. By emitting electromagnetic pulses, the laser solution is reflected off the target’s surface and returns data to the rangefinder device.
Laser rangefinders are the most functional and technologically advanced measurement tools available. Their main advantage, other than extremely precise measurements (+/- 1-5 mm per km), is the fact that they can be used by only one person, allowing for a reduction of manpower and significantly speeding up the measurement processes. Laser rangefinders are also less susceptible to errors in measurement caused by incorrect positioning of the tool and other operator errors and are equipped with tools that allow you to take continuous measurements, delay measurements, measure the sum or difference of a surface, and measure volume. We offer laser modules that cover a wide variety of applications. Features that need to be considered when selecting a laser rangefinder for your application include operating range, measurement accuracy, laser dot diameter, the minimum unit displayed, and IP degree of protection. Common applications include:
- Construction work
- Power industry
Intelligent tracking systems (ITS)
Intelligent tracking systems (ITS) are a combination of leading-edge information and communication technologies used in transportation and traffic management. Intelligent traffic management systems enable traffic managers to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of transportation networks and work to reduce traffic congestion and enhance drivers’ experiences.
Providing a perfect alternative to legacy induction loop detectors, these include sensor units and controller cards that will communicate directly with the light control unit. Our team of experts can work with you to provide photonics solutions developed specifically for this niche market. Key features of our Intelligent Tracking Systems include:
- Remote access configuration and monitoring
- Reliable detection for all conditions
- Detection up to 75m
- Rapid installation
- Robust solid-state design
- High reliability – built for continuous operation in a wide temperature range
- Reduced maintenance compared with mechanical scanning LiDARs
- IP67 ingress protection
Laser imaging, Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) is a widely used method for measuring distances to objects. They are determined by recording the time between transmitted and backscattered pulses and using the speed of light to calculate the distance travelled and is perfect for applications such as autonomous and commercial vehicles such as drones and UAVs. LiDAR is also a favoured remote sensing method used for measuring the exact distance of an object on the earth’s surface, generating accurate 3D information about the earth’s surface and target objects.
LIDAR can be used in any situation where the structure and shape of the earth's surface needs to be known and can even measure some gases and particles in the atmosphere. LiDAR is also ideal for applications designed for a range of industries including archaeology, climate monitoring, city planning, meteorology, and mining. We partner with leading manufacturers of high-performance LiDAR technologies that provide cutting-edge mobile remote-sensing applications that are suitable for specialist, mobility and automotive applications. These versatile, scalable, auto and mobility LiDAR solutions will enable you to accelerate your designs to market.
The key features of LiDAR include:
- Advanced solid-state solutions for indoor and outdoor applications. LiDAR is unaffected by ambient light variations and performs well in low light conditions
- Compact and lightweight solutions
- Available in horizontal and vertical configurations. LiDAR data can be easily converted into 3D maps to interpret the environment
- Delivers rapid continuous and precise detection through mitigation of interference, environmental conditions, and other limiting conditions intrinsic to LiDAR sensors
- Ranging for multiple objects with lateral discrimination
- LiDAR data is direct distance measurements that don’t need to be deciphered or interpreted– thus enabling faster performance and reducing processing requirements
- LiDAR provides reliable detection and resolution and accuracy - LiDAR generates instantaneous, massive amounts of measurements, and can be accurate to a centimetre
When it comes to developing custom solutions for tomorrow's technologies, we trust our approach to deliver the best possible outcome.
Our engineers will skilfully guide you through each stage of your project, working with you to understand and identify a solution that meets your technical and commercial needs before designing and integrating your solution.
Working together to create the right solution.FIND OUT HOW
From modified to fully customised components.FIND OUT HOW
Technological expertise across your application lifecycle.FIND OUT HOW
Submit your enquiry directly to one of our Technical Sales Specialists.
Alternatively call our Sales Team.
Our solutions and expertise are centred around six key markets
Over the years we have built up considerable knowledge and knowhow, providing tailored solutions for our customers.
- Industrial and Connectivity
- Renewable energy
- Aerospace and Defence
Our technology partners
Discover our strategic partners
Technical news and insights
Access industry news and Acal BFi articles, white papers and brochures