Supplier: Universal Laser Systems
Technology type: Gas Lasers
Universal Laser Systems' ULR series of CO2 lasers for OEM use is based on a sealed, RF pumped, slab design that produces a high-quality beam. These lasers can be operated in CW mode or modulated to control average power. Modulation is accomplished by varying the pulse width of the input signal.
In the 10W to 150W lasers, RF electrodes are spaced apart to allow the laser beam to form without the influence of the electrodes, delivering excellent near- and far-field quality with minimal wave-guide effects.
The folded resonator design allows the generation of power in a compact package. Universal's lasers require no consumables and deliver a very long lifetime.
A high level overview of what this range offers
- Integrated air – ULR lasers configured for integrated air cooling contain fans and heat sinks designed to allow the laser to operate efficiently with no external cooling
- Basic air – ULR lasers configured for basic air cooling do not include fans. The integrator is responsible for ensuring adequate cooling, per ULS specifications
- Available power – 10W, 25W, 30W, 40W, 50W, 60W, 75W, 10W0, 120W, 150W
- Selectable repetition rate
- 5kHz, 10kHz, and 20kHz
- Selectable duty cycle: 0.5% – 99%
- TTL-compatible external gating