Key technical parameters include:
- Industry standard mounting hole sizes (16mm, 22.5mm, 30.5mm etc.)
- Full face, backlit or spot LED illumination
- Engraved or laser etched symbols / text on actuators
- Sealing up to IP67 / IP69K
- Momentary and latching operation
- Multiple switch contact configurations (SPDT, DPDT etc.)
- Silver and gold contacts in a variety of contact ratings
- Panel, PCB and snap fit mounting
- Plastic, anodised aluminium or stainless-steel switch bodies and actuators
- Capacitive and non-touch actuators
Need a customised interconnect solution?
We can support a wide variety of custom design switching solutions:
- Customised cables
- Customised connectors
- Customised electronics
- Colours and logos
- Custom screen prints
- Custom bases
- Special pre-set pressure and vacuum switches
Discover our range of technologies
Footswitches, hand controls and air switches
Suited to multiple applications within the medical and industrial markets, we work with a leading supplier to bring a comprehensive range of electric and pneumatic actuated foot and hand switching controls that meet a wide range of international approvals, including IEC/UL 60601. Many of these pioneering footswitch solutions use infrared and Bluetooth technology, which have additional benefits of having multiple pedals and portability.
- Ergonomic designs
- Rugged high-performing, heavy-duty, BG approved to EN60204-1/EN60947-5-1
- IP67 waterproof versions available
- Available with and without guards
- Single or multipedal configurations
- Uses a solid-state optical sensor with no moving parts or tracks which can wear out
- Ideal for repetitive use with equipment, domestic / medical appliances and general industrial applications
- IPX2, IPX7 and IPX8 rated for medical applications
- Customised versions (modified standard or full custom) available
Also known as miniature snap-action microswitches, these are small, sensitive switches that require minimal compression to activate, and are typically inexpensive with a long-life span, meaning they are highly reliable and function for a long time - sometimes up to ten million cycles. Easily mounted and secured into place, these simple industrial switches require virtually no maintenance and rarely need replacing – making them perfect for applications within Industrial equipment and machinery, power management, automation and process control.
Our range of versatile microswitches are high-quality products suited for large volume applications. All versions have a fully sealed base right up to the bottom opening and in addition, there are options that are completely environmentally sealed for applications in harsh environments where ingress of water and dust must be prevented and are needed to continue to function correctly.
- Fully sealed to IP67
- Wide temperature ranges from -40°C to +125°C
- Non-flammable switch to UL94-V0 rated
- Silver or gold contact options
- BEAB approved
- PCB, solder or QC terminals and integral wire lead versions
- Operating force of 0.5N, 2N, 1.5N
These come in a range of sizes with different connections available, depending on your application.
Push button switches
Common features within various domestic, commercial and industrial applications, and also referred to as push switches, these are typically used to simply control an action within a machine or process by either opening or closing a circuit connection when pressure is applied to the actuator.
It is important to choose the most suitable type for your application, and this depends on factors such as the intended design, actuator style, and IP rating, but our portfolio of push buttons give you a wide and flexible range of switch models, from top-tier partners that offer the best in high performance, reliability, and ruggedness - from basic to complex applications such as process controls, industrial machinery, pumps, and robotics.
Typically made from plastic or metal, they can either be flat or customised to ergonomic specifications, powered either by momentary or latching action.
- Available in various specifications, shapes, sizes and heights
- Full or split section display
- Many different colour options to help denote actions.
- LED options
- Many accessories also available
With an extensive limit switch portfolio from the leading manufacturers of switch solutions, this range covers everything including global, heavy-duty, miniature, general purpose, hazardous location and sealed switches.
These industrial switches offer successful and reliable performance for a wide range of applications from general purpose through to industrial, such as agricultural equipment, electronic assembly, machine tooling, heavy duty machinery.
These limit switches offer superior flexibility and performance as they are available with a variety of actuators, electrical specifications, terminations, circuitries and sealing rating. Also featuring precision and speciality snap-action switches that are sealed in rugged housings for applications to detect presence or absence in areas where physical contact is allowed.
These industrial switches feature:
- Plug-in and non-plug-in styles available
- Metal or plastic housing packages
- Multiple, Side or flange mounting options
- Booted and unsealed actuators
- Low temperature options
- Range of sealing options
- Gold or silver contacts
- Multiple configuration options – various switching characteristics and mechanics
Toggle and rocker switches
This range of industrial switches are specialist switches and microswitches manufactured to withstand ingress, moisture, dust, mud and harsh environments. More suited to control of machine functions in construction or agriculture as well as aerospace or medical and industrial types of applications.
This range will give you flexibility for applications with the many configuration options available as well as customisation. Designed for high precision, simple on-and-off actions with presence and absence detection.
- Full size, miniature, and sub-miniature options
- Low profile options
- Different colours
- Interchangeable or removable buttons
- Sealed or unsealed
- Selection of circuitries, terminations, lever and bushing designs
- Different contact material options
Compact, lightweight snap-action switches designed with durability and repeatability for applications requiring simple on-off actions.
A wide range of options from sub-miniature through to large industrial switches with a broad variety of ratings, actions and terminations as well as operating and interface characteristics. We also have options for extremely precise, accurate mechanisms including double-break circuitry for a variety of applications.
From manufacturers with state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and quality controls, these premium engineered, snap-action switches meet various international requirements, with some models having military level qualifications.
For critical safety applications, switches include cable-pulls, compact and standard, key interlock, limits, & non-contacting options.
Designed with OEMs in mind, our broad range of safety switches offer every size available from the most reliable manufacturers of industrial switches in the industry. Providing long lasting, minimal maintenance and meeting global workplace safety standards.
Many cost-effective, tamper-proof, and highly reliable options that will provide a readily accessible emergency stop function when the power to machinery needs to be cut. Perfect for use in machine-guarding applications to prevent injury to personnel within hazardous areas and a possible restart is prevented.
Our Interconnect and Cable Assembly Technology Centre ensures we're equipped to solve your cable and connector challenges with cutting-edge capabilities and specialist knowledge.
When you’re looking for the integration of standard copper, fibre, power or specialist hybrid cables with custom connectors, our facility is on hand to support you with the design, assembly and approvals for your customised solutions.
Deliver the best interconnection systems for your application, whether your requirements are high or low volume, a brand-new need or modifying an existing product, we can support you.
When it comes to developing custom solutions for tomorrow's technologies, we trust our approach to deliver the best possible outcome.
Our engineers will skilfully guide you through each stage of your project, working with you to understand and identify a solution that meets your technical and commercial needs before designing and integrating your solution.
Working together to create the right solution.FIND OUT HOW
From modified to fully customised components.FIND OUT HOW
Technological expertise across your application lifecycle.FIND OUT HOW
Submit your enquiry directly to one of our Technical Sales Specialists.
Alternatively call our Sales Team.
Our solutions and expertise are centred around six key markets
Over the years we have built up considerable knowledge and knowhow, providing tailored solutions for our customers.
- Industrial and Connectivity
- Renewable energy
- Aerospace and Defence
Our technology partners
Discover our strategic partners
Technical news and insights
Access industry news and Acal BFi articles, white papers and brochures