Acal BFi UK Limited are committed to ongoing environmental improvements and the prevention of pollution. To achieve these commitments, Acal BFi UK Limited have established the following environmental objectives.
- To comply with environmental legislation and regulations, and continually review how our activities impact on the environment, changing legislation and best practice where necessary.
- To deal with suppliers who are environmentally responsible in their business activities and who are committed to continued improvements for the benefit of the environment.
- To reduce energy consumption.
- To encourage the use of recycling wherever possible.
- To reduce waste and ensure that it is disposed of in accordance with current legislation and does no harm to the environment.
- To encourage staff participation in measures to promote and improve environmental issues.
Acal BFi UK Ltd are a responsible supplier to many major manufacturing customers.
- Acal BFi Central Procurement Ltd are a purchaser and importer of articles and manages the supply chain through a number of franchises for many major electronic component suppliers.
- Both Acal BFi UK Ltd and Acal BFi Central Procurement Ltd are fully aware of the requirements of REACH and have identified their roles and obligations to the best of their knowledge.
- Both organisations confirm that they understand their obligations under REACH in their roles as either distributor or importer of articles.
- Both organisations are located inside the EU.
- For suppliers located within the EU we are acting as a distributor and therefore those suppliers have to fulfill the obligations identified by REACH.
- For suppliers located outside of the EU we are acting as an importer with all obligations relevant to Acal BFi UK Ltd and ACP.
- Both organisations have not pre-registered, nor intend to register any substances. Acal BFi UK Ltd do not sell any articles containing any substances that are intended to be released at any time. Therefore pre-registration or registration is not required.
- Acal BFi Central Procurement Ltd are in contact with all suppliers, either located inside or outside of the EU, in order to obtain full and correct information on the status of all articles and to ensure the availability of those articles in the future.
- The duty to inform our customers about certain substances in articles as indicated in the REACH Directive and SVHC Candidate List covers only those substances listed in the formal Candidate List which was published on 28 October 2008** (and thereafter) and only if they are present at 0.1% or greater than this amount. The requirement to report commenced from that date** to articles supplied to our customers after that date**.
- Both organisations will monitor all further obligations with regards to Annex XIV and SHVC and will advise accordingly.
For REACH enquiries, please email email@example.com
European Chemicals Agency
To view the Candidate List of Substances of Very High Concern click here.
Within the European Union, Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) is now subject to regulation designed to reduce the amount going to landfill and increase the amount being recycled.
The EU Directive 2002/96/EC on WEEE requires that producers of electronic equipment be responsible for the end-of-life collection, treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) put on the EU market after 13 August 2005. The Directive was transposed in to UK law at the start of 2007 and as a producer, Acal BFi and each relevant trading Division endeavour to meet these environmental responsibilities for managing WEEE.
Take-back policy (new WEEE)
To comply with the UK WEEE Regulations, where Acal BFi have originally sold EEE within the UK, Acal BFi have introduced a product take-back program which covers collection, treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal of all electrical and electronic equipment sold on or after 13 August 2005. As per legislation, from 1 April 2007 all new WEEE place on to the market by Acal BFi will carry our unique Producer ID mark.
Take-back policy (historic WEEE)
The WEEE Directive and corresponding UK WEEE Regulations do not obligate Acal BFi to collect or receive historic WEEE purchase before 13 August 2005. However, should you have such a need, Acal BFi will evaluate your request on a case-by-case basis, although it should be noted that a management fee may apply.
WEEE registration detail
Producer Registration Numbers – WEE/CC0069TY, BPRN00618
For WEEE enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Acal BFi UK Ltd are a member of the following compliance schemes:
- WEEE Directive – WEE/CC0069TY
- Packaging Regulations – Reg No BP1465
- Batteries Directive – Reg No BPRN00618