High Sensitivity Bipolar Latching Digital Hall-Effect Sensor ICs
Manufacturer's part number :
The SS360NT/SS360ST/SS460S High Sensitivity Bipolar Latching Digital Hall-Effect Sensor ICs are small, sensitive and versatile devices that are operated by the magnetic field from a permanent magnet or an electromagnet. They are designed to respond to alternating North and South poles. The SS360NT is turned ON by a North pole while the SS360ST and SS460S are turned ON by a South pole.
The SS360NT/SS360ST/SS460S offer reliable switching points with a high magnetic sensitivity of 30 G typical (55 G maximum). This sensor IC does not use chopper stabilization on the Hall element, providing a clean output signal and a faster latch response time when compared to competitive high sensitivity Hall-effect bipolar latching sensor ICs which do use chopper stabilization.
These products offer reverse polarity protection, deliver a stable output over a -40 °C to 150 °C [-40 °F to 302 °F] temperature range, and can accept any dc supply voltage from 3 Vdc to 24 Vdc.
For brushless dc motor manufacturers who need latching sensors with reliable, consistent performance for more efficient and smaller designs, Honeywell's new family of High Sensitivity Hall-Effect Bipolar Latching Sensor ICs responds to low magnetic fields and offers consistent repeatability while delivering faster response times to a change in magnetic field for better motor efficiency.
These Hall-effect devices are available in two package styles: the SS360NT and SS360ST in the miniature SOT-23 surface mount package and the SS460S in the leaded, flat TO-92-style package.
The SS360NT and SS360ST are available on tape and reel (3000 units per reel). The SS460S is available in a bulk package (1000 units per bag).
View our wide range of Magnetic Sensors
View our portfolio of Sensors
See all products from our supplier Honeywell
View our wide range of Magnetic products
View our portfolio of Sensors
See all products from our supplier Honeywell - Sensors
Quote and availability
- Fastest response time in its class: Provides more efficiency in commutating a brushless dc motor
- No chopper stabilization: Results in a clean output signal
- High sensitivity: Operates from only 30 Gauss typical, at 25°C [77°F] and 55 Gauss maximum over the full -40°C to 150°C [-40°F to 302°F] temperature range, allowing for the use of smaller, magnets or a wider air gap
- Bipolar latching magnetics: Makes these products well-suited for accurate speed sensing and RPM (revolutions per minute) measurement
- Subminiature, SOT-23 surface mount package (SS360NT/SS360ST) supplied on tape and reel: Allows for compact design with automated component placement
- Small, leaded, flat TO-92-style package (SS460S): Allows for a compact PC board layout
- Wide operating voltage range of 3 Vdc to 24 Vdc: Allows for potential use in a wide range of applications
- Built-in reverse voltage: Enhances the protection of the sensor and the circuits
- Durable design: Allows operation up to 150°C [302°F]
- RoHS-compliant material meets Directive 2002/95