XMC Module with user-configurable Virtex-6 FPGA, 365k logic cellS SFP front
Manufacturer's part number :
Acromag's XMC-6VLX modules feature a high performance user-configurable Xilinx® Virtex®-6 FPGA enhanced with high-speed memory and a high-throughput serial interface. The result is a powerful and flexible I/O processor module that is capable of executing custom instruction sets and algorithms.
The logic-optimized FPGA is well-suited for a broad range of applications. Typical uses include hardware simulation, communications, in-circuit diagnostics, military servers, signal intelligence, and image processing
Two Versions: Rear I/O or Front + Rear
Two versions of this module are available, each offering a choice of an FPGA device with 240k or 365k logic cells. One version provides only rear I/O for use in air or conduction-cooled systems. The other version adds two SFP ports and a 36-pin connector on the front but only supports air-cooled systems.
On all versions, the rear I/O provides an 8-lane high-speed serial interfaces on both the P15 and P16 XMC ports for PCI Express, Serial RapidIO, 10-Gigabit Ethernet, or Xilinx Aurora implementation. P16 also supports 34 SelectIO channels. The P4 port adds another 60 SelectIO and global clock lines. SelectI/O signals are Virtex-6 FPGA I/O pins that support single-ended I/O (LVCMOS, HSTL, SSTL) and differential I/O standards (LVDS, HT, LVPECL, BLVDS, HSTL, SSTL).
Models with front I/O add dual SFP ports and a VHDCR connector. The two SFP ports each provide a copper or fibre interface of up to 2.5Gbps. They also support a Gigabit Ethernet interface. The VHDCR connector interfaces JTAG, USB, and 22 SelectIO.
With Acromag's Virtex-6 FPGA modules, you can greatly increase DSP algorithm performance for faster throughput using multiple channels and parallel hardware architectures. Free up DSP processor CPU cycles by offloading algorithmic intensive tasks to the FPGA co-processor.
These modules are ideal for high-performance customized embedded systems. Optimize your system performance by integrating high speed programmable logic with the flexibility of software running on Micro Blaze™ soft processors. Acromag's Engineering Design Kit provides software utilities and example VHDL code to simplify your program development and get you running quickly. A JTAG interface enables on-board VHDL debugging. Additional Xilinx tools help finish your system faster. Maximize FPGA performance with ISE® Design Suite. And with Chip Scope™ Pro tools, you can rapidly debug logic and serial interfaces.
Read more about the XMC-6VLX mezzanine module in our article.
View our wide range of PMC / XMC products
View our portfolio of Embedded computing products
See all products from our supplier Acromag
Quote and availability
Ask our experts
- Reconfigurable Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA with 240k or 365k logic cells
- 2M x 72-bit QDRII SRAM, 128M x 64-bit DDR3 SDRAM
- 16M x 16-bit parallel flash memory for MicroBlaze program code storage
- 128Mb platform flash memory to store powerup configuration bit file for Virtex-6 FPGA
- Dual 8-lane high-speed serial interfaces on rear P15 and P16 connectors for PCIe Gen 1/2, Serial RapidI/O, 10Gb Ethernet, Xilinx Aurora
- Dual SFP ports for Fibre Channel or GbE
- 60 SelectI/O or 30 LVDS pairs plus 2 global clock pairs direct to FPGA via rear P4 port
- 34 SelectI/O or 17 LVDS pairs plus 2 global clock pairs direct to FPGA via rear P16 port
- 22 SelectI/O, 2 global clock pairs, JTAG, USB, and ground signals via front 36-pin connector
- DMA support provides data transfer between system memory and the on-board memory
- Support for Xilinx ChipScope™ Pro interface
- Designed for conduction-cooled host card