User-configurable Virtex-5 FPGA with 94,208 Logic Cells
Manufacturer's part number :
Acromag's PMC-VSX boards feature a reconfigurable Xilinx® Virtex™-5 FPGA enhanced with multiple high-speed memory buffers and a high-throughput PCI-X interface. Field I/O interfaces to the FPGA via the rear J4/P4 connector and/or with optional front mezzanine plug-in I/O modules. The result is a powerful and flexible I/O processor module that is capable of executing your custom instruction sets and algorithms.
The on-board FPGA is a DSP-optimized version of the Virtex-5 FPGA. Although there is no limit to the uses for these boards, several applications are ideal. Typical uses include hardware simulation, communications, military servers, in-circuit diagnostics, signal intelligence, and image processing.
64 I/O lines are provided via the rear (J4) connector. Additional I/O processing is supported on a separate mezzanine card that plugs into the FPGA base board. A variety of these external I/O cards offer an interface for your analog and digital I/O signals.
Large, high-speed memory banks provide efficient data handling. Generous DDR2 SDRAM buffers store captured data prior to FPGA processing. Afterward, data is moved to dual-port SRAM for high-speed DMA transfer to the bus or CPU. Our high-bandwidth PCI-X interface ensures fast data throughput.
Take advantage of conduction cooling for use in hostile environments. Conduction efficiently dissipates heat in environments with inadequate cooling air flow. Optional extended temperature models operate from -40 to 85°C.
View our wide range of PMC / XMC products
View our portfolio of Embedded computing products
See all products from our supplier Acromag
Technical Data :
- Acromag PMC-VSX95 Datasheet
- Acromag PMC-VSX95 Application note 1
- Acromag PMC-VSX95 Application note 2
- Acromag PMC-VSX95 Application note 3
- Acromag PMC-VSX95 Application note 4
- Acromag PMC-VSX95 Application note 5
- Acromag PMC-VSX95 Application note 6
- Acromag PMC-VSX95 Application note 7
- PMC-VSX95 Application Note 8
- PMC-VSX95 Application Note 9
- Acromag PMC-VSX95 Application note 10
- Acromag PMC-VSX95 Application note 11
Quote and availability
Ask our experts
- Reconfigurable Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA (VSX95T)
- PCI-X bus 100MHz 64-bit interface
- Supports both front and rear I/O connections
- 64 I/O or 32 LVDS lines direct to FPGA via rear (J4)
- Plug-in I/O modules are available for front mezzanine
- FPGA code loads from PCI bus or flash memory
- Two banks of 256Kb x 32-bit dual-ported SRAM
- Two banks of 32Mb x 16-bit DDR2 SDRAM
- Other memory options available (contact factory)
- Supports dual DMA channel data transfer to CPU/bus
- Supports 3.3V signalling
- Support for Xilinx ChipScope™ Pro interface
- Conduction-cooled or -40 to 85°C operating range