Ultra High Speed Video System
Manufacturer's part number :
The FASTCAM SA1 improved provides blistering fast speed, unmatched light sensitivity and true 12-bit performance. Capable of over 5,000 full frames per second (fps) at mega pixel (1K x 1K) resolution, the brand new CMOS sensor provides true twelve bit pixel depth and is now capable of reduced resolution faster than 650,000 fps!
Building on the experience gained with the EMMY award winning ultima APX and ultima APX-RS cameras, the FASTCAM SA1 is our most light sensitive camera yet, as well as providing the greatest color fidelity of any high speed camera available, thanks to true 12-bit performance. The FASTCAM SA1 provides the perfect tool for those looking for mega pixel resolution at high speeds, as well as those demanding sensitivity and performance with an SDI digital output for TV/movie and commercial work.
The FASTCAM SA1 is supplied with our new RS422 LCD equipped keypad, making computer-free setup and operation a good deal easier. Rear panel BNC connectors provide users with two HD-SDI and one composite (NTSC or PAL) outputs.
The option of a one micro second shutter (previously 2µs) and reduced time between two frames make the FASTCAM SA1 ideal for Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV, Digital Image Correlation(DIS) and ballistics research.
View our wide range of High Speed Visible Camera products
View our portfolio of Imaging for Science and Industry products
See all products from our supplier Photron
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Frame rate: 1,024 x 1,024 pixels @ 5,400 fps
- Frame rate:832 x 608 pixels @ 10,800 fps
- Frame rate:640 x 480 pixels @ 18,000 fps
- Frame rate: 512 x 512 pixels @ 20,000 fps
- Frame rate:256 x 256 pixels @ 67,500 fps
- Frame rate: 256 x 16 pixels @ 500,000 fps
- Frame rate:64 x 16 pixels @ 675,000 fps
- Variable Region of Interest (ROI)
- Capture 12-bit uncompressed data
- One microsecond global shutter
- Composite and SDI video output for real time monitoring during set up, recording and playback
- Memory options include 8GB, 16GB and 32GB
- Phase lock to IRIG/GPS