EHX: Real-time EMC and EMI testing system
Manufacturer's part number :
The EHX is part of the EMxpert range from EMSCAN, and is a real-time, compact, bench-top EMC and EMI high-resolution testing tool enabling design engineers to diagnose EMC/EMI problems between 150kHz and 8GHz. The EHX provides unique pre- and post- EMC compliance testing that images real-time emissions. The EHX allows engineers to visualize the root causes of potential EMC and EMI problems.
During any new PCB development process, design engineers must find, characterise, and address unintended radiators or RF leakage to pass compliance testing. The EHX allows board designers to pre-test and resolve EMC and EMI problems early on, thus avoiding unexpected EMC compliance test results.
The EHX delivers repeatable and reliable results that pinpoint in less than a second the cause of a design failure. As a result, the user can personally test the design without having to rely on another department, test engineer, or time-consuming off-site testing. After diagnosing even an intermittent problem, the engineer can implement a design change and retest. The results provide concrete verification of the effectiveness (or not) of the design change.
More information and technical resources for the EMxpert are available on the EMSCAN website.
View our wide range of Spectrum analysers
View our portfolio of Oscilloscopes
See all products from our supplier EMSCAN
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Broadband frequency coverage: 150 kHz to 1 GHz, 150 kHz to 8 GHz enabled with software key
- Measurement sensitivity: -130 dBm to 35 dBm (dependent on spectrum analyser performance)
- Antenna array: 1,218 (42 x 29) H-field probes
- Spatial scan time: continuous real-time or sub-second single scan for entire scan area (dependent on spectrum analyser performance)
- Spectral scan time: 45 seconds for L 10 cm x W 10 cm PCB with a 100 MHz span and 100 kHz RBW. Scanning area, span and RBW are user selectable within spectrum analyser specifications
- Dimensions: L 39.2 cm x W 24.4 cm x H 1.7 cm
- Supported operating systems: Windows 10®, Windows 8®, Windows 7®, Windows Vista® and Windows XP®
- Capability: spectral scan, spatial scan, peak-hold, continuous scanning, spectral and spatial comparison, scripting, limit lines, report generation, notes