Three-axis geomagnetic sensor, 1.56 x 1.56 x 0.6mm, CSWLP-12 pin
Manufacturer's part number :
The BMM150 is a standalone geomagnetic sensor for consumer market applications. It allows measurements of the magnetic field in three perpendicular axes. Based on Bosch's proprietary FlipCore technology, performance and features of BMM150 are carefully tuned and perfectly match the demanding requirements of all 3-axis mobile applications such as electronic compass, navigation or augmented reality.
An evaluation circuitry (ASIC) converts the output of the geomagnetic sensor to digital results which can be read out over the industry standard digital interfaces (SPI and I2C).
Package and interfaces of the BMM150 have been designed to match a multitude of hardware requirements. As the sensor features an ultra-small footprint and a flat package, it is ingeniously suited for mobile applications. The wafer level chip scale package (WLCSP) with dimensions of only 1.56 x 1.56 x 0.6 mm ensures high flexibility in PCB placement.
The BMM150 offers ultra-low voltage operation (VDD voltage range from 1.62V to 3.6V, VDDIO voltage range 1.2V to 3.6V) and can be programmed to optimize functionality, performance and power consumption in customer specific applications. The programmable interrupt engine gives design flexibility to the developer.
The BMM150 senses the three axis of the terrestrial field in cell phones, handhelds, computer peripherals, man-machine interfaces, virtual reality features and game controllers.
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Ultra-small package Wafer Level Chip Scale Package (12 pins, 0.4mm diagonal ball pitch) footprint 1.56 x 1.56 mm, height 0.6 mm
- Digital interface SPI (4-wire, 3-wire), I²C, 4, 2 interrupt pins
- Low voltage operation VDD supply voltage range: 1.62V to 3.6V, VDDIO interface voltage range: 1.2V to 3.6V
- Flexible functionality Magnetic field range typical:±1300µT (x, y-axis), ±2500µT (z-axis), Magnetic field resolution of ~0.3µT
- On-chip interrupt controller Interrupt-signal generation for new data, magnetic Low-/High-Threshold detection
- Ultra-low power Low current consumption (170µA @ 10 Hz in low power preset), short wake-up time, advanced features for system power management
- Temperature range -40°C to 85°C
- RoHS compliant, halogen-free.
- Magnetic heading information
- Tilt-compensated electronic compass for map rotation, navigation and augmented reality
- Gyroscope calibration in 9-DoF applications for mobile devices
- In-door navigation, e.g. step counting in combination accelerometer
- Pointing devices