16-Character 1-Line Dot Matrix VFD Controller Driver
Manufacturer's part number :
The NJU3430 is a Dot Matrix VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) Controller Driver for 16-character 1-line with Icon display.
It contains character generator ROM/RAM, address counter, oscillation circuit, command register, Icon display RAM, high voltage drivers, and serial interface circuit.
The display data or the command data is transmitted with the serial interface circuits.
The character generator consists of 8,400 bits ROM and 35 x 8 bits RAM. The CG RAM stores 8 kinds of character by 5 x 7dots maximum.
The 16-common and 37 segment (35 for character, 2 for icon) drivers operated up to 45V drive the display of 16-character 1-line with 32-Icon.
Furthermore, the NJU3430 incorporates one Output port which drives the LED.
View our wide range of Analogue / Mixed signal products
View our portfolio of Semiconductors
See all products from our supplier New Japan Radio
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- 16-character 1-line Dot Matrix VFD Controller Driver
- Serial Interface with Microprocessor
- Display Data RAM 16 x 8 bits : 16-character 1-line Display
- Character Generator ROM 8,400 bits : 240 Characters for 5 x 7 Dots
- Character Generator RAM 35 x 8 bits : 8 Patterns (5 x 7 Dots)
- Icon Display RAM 16 x 2 bits : Maximum 32 Icon
- VFD Driving Voltage VDD-VFDP ≤ 45V
- Timing Signal : 16
- Segment Signal : 35 (Except for Icon Segment Signal)
- Output Port for LED : 1
- Display ON/OFF Function
- Digit Scan Function
- Display Duty (Contrast Control) : 8-step (8/16 to 15/16)
- Character / Icon Shift Function
- Display Mode (9 to 16 Digits)
- Oscillation Circuit on-chip (External Resistor and Capacitor Required)
- Operating Voltage 3.0V to 5.5V (Except VFD Driving Voltage)
- Package Outline QFP 64
- C-MOS Technology