8-Character 2-Line Dot Matrix LCD Controller Driver with Extension Function
Manufacturer's part number :
The NJU6468 is a Dot Matrix LCD controller driver for 8-character 2-line display with extension function up to 40-character 2-line display.
It contains microprocessor interface circuits, instruction decoder controller, character generator ROM/RAM, high voltage operation common and segment driver and extension driver interface circuit.The microprocessor interface circuits which operate by 2MHz frequency, can be connected directly to 4/8 bit microprocessor.
The character generator consists of 12k bits ROM and 64 bytes RAM. The standard version ROM is coded with 240 characters including capital and small letter fonts and some of Japanese fonts.
The high voltage operation 16-common and 40-segment drivers operate up to 13.5V and drive up to 8-character 2-line display in single NJU6468 use.
The extension driver interface circuits enable combinations with NJU6407C or NJU6417C to increase the display capacity up to 40-character 2-line or 80-character 1-line.
View our wide range of Analogue / Mixed signal products
View our portfolio of Semiconductors
See all products from our supplier New Japan Radio
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- 5×7 and 5×10 Fonts with Cursor Display
- 4/8 Bits Microprocessor Direct Interface
- Display Data RAM (80×8 bits) (Maximum 80 characters)
- Character Generator RAM (12,000 bits) (240 Characters for 5×10 Dots)
- Character Generator RAM (64×8 bits) (8 Patters (5×7 Dots) and 4 Patterns (5×10 Dots))
- Microprocessor can access to Display Data RAM and Character Generator RAM
- High Voltage LCD Driver (16-common/40-segment)
- Programmable Duty Ratio (1/8 Duty for 5×7 Dots+Cursor, 1 Line, 1/11 Duty for 5×10 Dots+Cursor, 1 Line, 1/16 Duty for 5×7 Dots+Cursor, 2 Line)
- Useful Instruction Set (Clear Display, Return Home, Display ON/OFF Cont, Cursor ON/OF Cont, Display Blink, Cursor Shift, Character Shift)
- Power On Initialize Circuit On-chip
- Oscillation Circuits On-chip (External Resistor or Ceramic Resonator Required)
- Low Power Consumption
- Operating Voltage（Except LCD Driving Voltage） (+5V/+3V)
- C-MOS Technology
- Package Outline (Chip)