128-Common X 128-Segment 4-level Gray Scale Bitmap LCD Driver
Manufacturer's part number :
The NJU6680 is a 128-common x 128-segment 4-level gray scale bit map LCD driver to display graphics or characters.It contains 32,768-bit display data RAM, microprocessor interface circuits, instruction decoder, and common and segment drivers.
An image data from CPU through the serial or 8-bit parallel interface are stored into the 32,768-bit internal display data RAM and are displayed on the LCD panel through the commons and segments drivers.
The NJU6680 features 4-level gray scale display function creating 4 types of gray scale (white / light gray / dark gray / black) and black and white display function.
The NJU6680 contains a built-in OSC circuit for reducing external components. And it features Partial Display Function containing selectable active display block and optimizing the duty cycle ratio. This function dramatically reduces the operating current, setting the optimum boosted voltage combined with a programmable voltage booster circuit and an electrical variable resistor. As result, it reduces the operating current.
The operating voltage from 2.2V to 3.6V and low operating current are suitable for small size battery operation items.
View our wide range of Analogue / Mixed signal products
View our portfolio of Semiconductors
See all products from our supplier New Japan Radio
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Direct Correspondence of Display Data RAM to LCD Pixel
- Display Method (4-level Gray Scale/Black and White)
- Display Data RAM (32,768 bits ;( 128-Com×128-Seg)×2bit))
- LCD drivers (128-common and 128-segment)
- Direct connection to 8-bit Microprocessor interface for both of 68 and 80 type MPU
- Serial Interface (SI, SCL, RS, CS￣)
- Partial Display Function
- Easy Vertical Scroll by setting the start line address of over size display data RAM
- Programmable Bias selection (1/4,1/5,1/6,1/7,1/8,1/9,1/10,1/11 bias)
- Common Driver Order Assignment by mask option (Version C0 to C103(Pin name): NJU6679A Com0 to Com127, NJU6679B Com127 to Com0)
- Useful Instruction Sets (Display ON/OFF Cont, Display Start Line Set, Page Address Set, Column Address Set, Status Read, Display Data Read/Write, Inverse Display, All On/Off, Partial Display, Bias Select, n-Line Inverse, Voltage Booster Circuits Multiple Select(Maximum 5-time), Read Modify Write, Power Saving, ADC Select, etc.)
- Power Supply Circuits for LCD (Programmable Voltage Booster Circuits(6 times maximum, Voltage boosting polarity :Positive Voltage (VSS Common), Voltage Regulator, Voltage Follower (×4))
- Precision Electrical Variable Resistance (64Step)
- Low Power Consumption
- Operating Voltage (2.2V to 3.6V)
- LCD Driving Voltage (6.0V to 18V)
- C-MOS Technology (Substrate:P)
- Package Outline (Bumped Chip)