1/8, 1/9, 1/10 Duty Bitmap LCD Driver with Key Scan
Manufacturer's part number :
The NJU6538 is a 10-common x 65-segment bitmap LCD driver to display graphics or characters.
It contains 650 bits display data RAM, microprocessor interface circuit, common and segment drivers, key scan circuit, and general output ports.
An image data from MPU through the serial interface is stored into the 650 bits internal displayed on the LCD panel through the commons and segments drivers.
The NJU6538 displays 10 x 65 dots graphics or 11-character 1-line by 5 x 7 dots character + 3 x 65 dots icons. It contains key scan circuit transmitting the 25-keys maximum (5 x 5 = 25) to MPU.
Also it provides 4 general purpose output ports with PWM output function maximum to drive LEDs or others directly.
Furthermore, the NJU6538 can select a LCD driving voltage out of 16 steps voltage by the instruction adjust the display contrast of LCD panel.
View our wide range of Analogue / Mixed signal products
View our portfolio of Semiconductors
See all products from our supplier New Japan Radio
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Direct Correspondence between Display Data RAM and LCD Pixel
- Display Data RAM : 650-bits
- LCD Drivers : 65-seg, 10-com
- Serial interface (SIO, SCL, CS)
- Programmable Duty Ratio
- 1/8 Duty: 7-common x 65-segment + 1-icon common
- 1/9 Duty: 7-common x 65-segment + 2-icon common
- 1/10Duty: 7-common x 65-segment + 3-icon common
- Bias Ratio 1/4 bias
- 25-key scan Function (5 x 5 matrix)
- Needless for anti-reverse current diodes in key scan
- General Output Ports with 128-steps PWM output (possible LED driving) maximum 4-ports
- Useful Instruction Set
- Display ON/OFF, Page Address Set, Column Address Set, Display Data write, ADC Select, Inverse, Display ON/OFF, whole display ON/OFF, Reset, EVR Register Set, Duty Select, Power Save mode set, General Output Port PWM phase / frequency set, General Output Port PWM data set, General Output, Port / Key scan output select
- Bleeder Resistance On-chip
- Software Contrast Control (16 steps)
- Operating Voltage (Logic Operating Voltage 2.7 to 5.5V, LCD Driving Voltage 5.0 to 10.0V)
- Package Outline (QFP100-G1)
- C-MOS Technology (Substrate: P)