DIN 41612 / IEC 60603-2 Connector, Vertical, Female, Type E160
Manufacturer's part number :
The DIN 41612/IEC 60603-2 connector family consists of 13 basic sizes and many complementary versions. It was developed for use in 19inch rack systems in accordance with DIN 41494 / IEC 60297. The large number of different sizes and the efficient connection techniques have made it possible to install these connectors for in extremely wide range of applications.
View our wide range of Board-to-Board products
View our portfolio of Connectors / Cables
See all products from our supplier Erni
Quote and availability
- Separable printed circuit board connectors
- International approvals, such as UL or CSA
- 13 connector sizes with the same plug-in and mounting conditions
- Additional connector sizes complementing the DIN 41612/IEC 60603-2 such as half or tripled sizes
- Different coding systems available
- Up to 160 contacts per connector
- Two to five row connectors possible
- Various termination types available
- 2.54 mm (0.1 inch) basic pitch
- Early mate/late break contacts available on request
- Wide range of accessories
- Complete interface system available
- All female connectors have dual sided female contact spring
- Reduction of press-in force by approx. 25%, using the new „Eye of the Needle' pressfit zone. This leads to lesser strain towards the PCB.
- 100% controlled quality of the pins due to consequent usage of Automated Optical Inspection during the manufacturing process.
- Partial and mixed loading possible.
- Available termination lengths:
- Solder: 2.5 mm; 3.7 mm; 4.0 mm; 13.0 mm; 17.0 mm
- Pressfit: 2.9 mm; 4.0 mm; 5.5 mm; 13.0 mm w. Transfer Zone; 17.0 mm w. Transfer Zone
- Wire Wrap: 13.0 mm; 17.0 mm
- Dimensions of insulation bodies remain unchanged for backwards compatibility.
- Fixation clip or retaining loop for efficient mounting of the connector when soldering is selectable in all positions.
- Solder stop versions, preventing a rising of the solder up into the housing, available on request for type B and C connectors.
- Transfer zone contacts are selectable for all versions.
- A simple coding mechanism, by using coding strips, is standard on all type B, C, E and CD connectors.
- The THR versions are made of a high temperature resistant material which makes them suitable for reflow soldering.