8 Channel Serial Interface RS422 (2x plus RTS+/-, CTS+/-), Front Panel
Manufacturer's part number :
The TCP461 is a standard 3U 32 bit CompactPCI module and offers 8 channels of high performance asynchronous serial interface.
Three different standard modules are available: The TCP461-10x provides 8 RS232 interfaces. The TCP461-11x provides 8 RS422 interfaces. The TCP461-12x provides 4 RS232 and 4 RS422 interfaces.
Other configurations are available as factory build option on a per channel base.
All modules offer front panel I/O with a HD50 SCSI-2 type connector. The TCP461-2x modules offer additional J2 rear I/O. Each RS232 channel supports RxD, TxD, RTS, CTS and GND. Each RS422 channel supports RxD+/-, TxD+/- and GND. Two channels of the TCP461-x0x/-x2x offer full modem support (TxD, RxD, CTS, RTS, DSR, DTR, CD, RI and GND) for RS232. Two channels of the TCP461-x1x support RxD+/-, TxD+/-, RTS+/-, CTS+/- and GND for RS422.
Each channel has 64 byte transmit and receive FIFOs to significantly reduce the overhead required to provide data to and get data from the transmitters and receivers. The FIFO trigger levels are programmable and the baud rate is individually programmable up to 921.6 kbps for RS232 channels and 5.5296 Mbps for RS422 channels. The UART offers readable FIFO levels.
All channels generate interrupts on CompactPCI interrupt INTA. For fast interrupt source detection the UART provides a special Global Interrupt Source Register.
All serial channels use ESD protected transceivers up to ±15KV.
The TCP461 can operate with 3.3V and 5.0V PCI I/O signalling voltage.
View our wide range of cPCI / cPCIe products
View our portfolio of Embedded computing products
See all products from our supplier Tews Technologies GmbH
Quote and availability
- Standard 3U 32 Bit CompactPCI module conforming to PICMG 2.0 R3.0
- Target Chip: XR17D158 (Exar)
- PCI 2.3 compliant interface
- PCI I/O signalling voltage 5V and 3.3V
- Board size: 160 mm x 100 mm
- Asynchronous serial interface
- Octal UART: Exar XR17D158
- Support of RxD, TxD, RTS, CTS and GND for each RS232 channel; RxD+/-, TxD+/- and GND for each RS422 channel. Two channels offer extended support (full modem or RTS+/- and CTS+/-)
- Programmable baud rates:
- RS232: up to 921.6 kbps
- RS422: up to 5.5296 Mbps
- 64 byte transmit FIFO per channel
- 64 byte receive FIFO per channel
- Readable FIFO levels
- Global Interrupt Source Register
- General Purpose 16 bit Timer/Counter
- ESD protected transceiver (up to ± 15KV)
- Operating temperature -40°C to +85°C