USB to USB Isolator
Manufacturer's part number :
NATO number :
This compact, industrial-grade isolator provides a high-voltage isolation barrier between a computer and a connected USB device. The isolation protects equipment from electrical surges and transient voltage spikes. It also eliminates ground loop currents flowing between the PC and peripherals which can cause damage and inaccurate measurements. Additionally, isolation minimizes conducted noise from static discharge, magnetic fields, and radio frequency interference.
Acromag's USB isolator is very easy to use. The isolator inserts in-line with the USB connection and operates transparently. No special software drivers are required. The unit receives power from the PC's USB port and isolates that power to the connected device. High noise immunity and low radiated emissions ensure reliable data transfer in sensitive applications.
A number of high-performance features help
provide convenient and dependable operation. The green LED indicates that power is being received and blinks if the connected device draws too much current. An internal jumper lets you switch from Full Speed (12 Mbps) to Low Speed (1.5 Mbps) communication. The reset button offers a simple way to reinitialize a connected device without breaking the cable connection. High-retention USB sockets keep cables securely attached under shock and vibration.
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
Ask our experts
- Isolates and protects a USB peripheral from a USB host
- Electrical isolation up to 1500V AC / 2100V DC
- Common mode filtering on all data lines
- Built-in surge/transient suppression up to 8kV on all ports
- Self-powered through the USB port
- Supports USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps) and USB 1.1 low speed (1.5 Mbps) data rates with jumper-selection
- LED for power indication and diagnostics
- Reset button to reinitialize and re-enumerate peripheral devices
- Output short circuit protection with auto-retry
- No software or configuration required (transparent operation)
- Uses standard high-retention USB Type A/B cable connections (includes 1m cable)
- Compact size and rugged design for harsh environments
- Wide ambient temperature operation, -40 to 70°C (-40 to 158°F)
- CE, FCC, UL/cUL approvals