Modbus-RTU Digital Output Module, 12 channels, Sinking Output
Manufacturer's part number :
These modules provide twelve discrete input and/or output channels. Isolation separates the I/O, power, and network circuits. Network communication adheres to the industry-standard RS-485 Modbus RTU protocol. Both AC and DC power sources are supported with wide range, nonpolarized, diode-coupled terminals.
The open-drain outputs are intended for currentsinking or low-side switching applications. The buffered inputs are active-low. These models are the complement of the 904, 905, and 906 units which have open-source, high-side output switches and active-high inputs. Socketed pull-up resistors are easily removed or exchanged to satisfy your application requirements.
The 903MB model has twelve input/output points that may be used as inputs or outputs on a bit-by-bit basis. Outputs may be read back to verify output settings.
Combining flexible I/O types, wide I/O ranges, and a network interface in a single package, makes this instrument extremely powerful. Multi-channel design adds cost-efficiency and allows high-density mounting. Plus, safe, rugged construction makes these modules reliable for use in both control room and distributed field I/O applications. Custom module configurations are also possible (consult factory for details).
Quote and availability
Ask our experts
- Standard Modbus RTU protocol with high-speed RS-485 communication (up to 115K bps)
- Twelve I/O channels in a single inch-wide unit reduces system costs and saves panel space
- High-voltage, high-current, open-drain outputs enable direct (low-side) control of external devices
- High-voltage buffered inputs monitor discrete levels from a variety of industrial devices
- Tandem input/output circuitry (903 models only) connects input buffers with open-drain outputs for convenient loopback monitoring of the output state
- Outputs have built-in over-temperature and over-current shut-down protection, plus active clamping circuits for switching inductive loads
- Watchdog timers provide a configurable failsafe output state for use when host I/O communication is lost
- Three-way isolation eliminates potential ground loops between power, I/O, and network circuitry
- Self-diagnostics monitor microcontroller activity to detect operational failures (lock-up) and execute a reset to restore communication