Industrial Ethernet Switch, 5-Ports, 10/100Mbps
Manufacturer's part number :
Acromag's five-port Ethernet switch is specially designed for use in industrial applications. Rugged construction and a variety of security features ensure reliable operation under demanding conditions. Internal intelligence enables "connect and go" operation for fast and easy network installation with auto-negotiation of data rate, flow control, and crossover signal compatibility. No configuration is necessary when the 900EN-S005 is used as a simple switch with Acromag I/O modules. For advanced users, this switch offers numerous control functions that are easily configured through DIP-switch settings or programmed using your computer.
Quote and availability
Ask our experts
- Three programmable LED's per port provide link, activity, full/half duplex, speed indication
- Optional DIP-switch programming offers alternative control of switch functions
- Half-duplex back pressure flow controls defer transmission by other stations to avoid network congestion.
- Energy miser function shuts down individual port power if no cable is connected to conserve energy
- Toggle switch reset and default address generator is also useful to invoke DIP switch field programming and to restore communications to a known state
- Smart address management features automatic address learning, address aging, and address migration
- Advanced options are programmable via connection to your PC parallel port - LPTx (requires optional configuration cable)
- Supports virtual LAN definitions with port based VLAN controls allowing establishment of VLAN groups for additional security between groups and applications (requires optional configuration cable)
- Queue priority management controls with advanced quality of service (QoS) supports DiffServ and IEEE 802.1p-based priority to prioritize different classes of voice, video, and data traffic, plus port-based priority (requires optional configuration cable)