Acal BFi Nordic AB (“we”, ”us”, “our” and “Acal BFi”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who are Acal BFi?
Acal BFi are the European leader in advanced technology solutions and are a division of Acal Plc. References to “we”, “us” and “our” will be construed as including Acal Plc.
Acal BFi have offices in 11 countries and offer sales and support services across all of Europe.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Acal BFi Nordic AB, PO Box 3002, 750 03 Uppsala, Sweden.
What information will Acal BFi collect from me?
We may collect and process the following data about you.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site acalbfi.com (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our review service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
- Correspondence if you contact us.
- Surveys that we use for research purposes.
- Details of transactions of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. The tool uses ' cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors' use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Acal BFi.
Acal BFi use remarketing with Google Adwords and Google Analytics to display content specific advertisements to visitors that have previously visited our site when those visitors go to other websites that have the Google Display Network implemented.
Acal BFi and Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on visitor’s past visits to our website. When creating remarketing lists, Acal BFi cannot use any personal or sensitive information about users.
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine where you are accessing our site and services from. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. It also helps us direct you to your local country website.
What will the information be used for?
We use information held about you in the following ways.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and to personalise our service to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To administer our services and records and administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To respond to any submission, comment or complaint you make to or about Acal BFi or its products or services.
Our local pages and websites will give you detailed information about how we will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which we believe may interest you or were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
In what circumstances will Acal BFi disclose the information?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances.
- For processing by contractors or other service providers who may access your personal information when providing services to us.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Acal BFi, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where is the data stored and who processes it?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site – any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What are my rights?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at to the Data Protection Officer, PO Box 3002, 750 03 Uppsala, Sweden.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from our sites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How do I access the information held about me?
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
How long will Acal BFi keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to comply with any legislative requirement for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Where you contribute material to us, we will generally only keep your information for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, we will only keep copies of entries to a competition for the duration of the competition.
Who do I contact?
Last updated 19 March 2014