Acal BFi – providing a unique combination of leading-edge technologies and custom solutions
We offer custom, cost-effective solutions to help you fulfil your project. With our wealth of technology expertise, we can provide expert technical support and guidance at every stage of your design.
Working closely with world-leading suppliers, we act as your design partner, working with you on your design challenges and helping you make informed product decisions that are most suitable for your application.
Our team of technical experts will be able to guide you through the design process, product options and selection, technology integration and manufacturing, including prototyping and production samples.
If you just need products for your production requirements, we can also support your bill of material needs.
Acal Group overview
A complete service
With our complete service approach we work with you throughout your project.
Acal BFi – part of the Acal plc group of companies
Across Europe, Acal BFi are the custom distribution sales company for the extensive range of custom and standard products available from the Acal plc group of companies. Through the Acal Group we and our customers have access to specialist and engineering teams across a range of high technology areas.
- Contour Electronics – designer and manufacturer of custom cable assemblies and connectors
- Flux – designer and manufacturer of customised magnetics
- Foss Group – designer and manufacturer of customised fibre optic cabling
- Noratel – specialist custom transformer manufacturer
- Cabcon – specialists in AC power, copper, fibre optic and cable management solutions
- RSG – custom-made power supply specialist
- Myrra – designer and manufacturer of power and magnetics
- MTC – high-quality ESD shielding, EMC products and services
- Hectronic – designer and manufacturer of embedded computers
Strong international presence
We operate in 12 countries throughout Europe, with logistics centres in Germany, UK and Hong Kong. Each country have their own dedicated salesforce and technical support teams.
Our design-led approach
Our unique approach guides you through the design process from product selection and technology integration to solving design challenges. Using our expert staff and partnering with carefully selected and trusted suppliers, we provide a cost-effective solution that is right for you.
In-house experts who understand your requirements
- Expert technical sales force and field application engineers
- Many years of experience
- Dedicated design engineers who work with your development team
- Up to date with the latest technical and application developments
- Fully custom and application-specific designs, developed in collaboration with you
We work with the leading suppliers in their field to ensure we have the most innovative range in the market so we can offer you the most suitable product for your application or design, regardless of supplier.
Access to an extensive range of products and technologies
We offer products and technology expertise across 12 specialist areas. Customers use our design-led expertise and expert consultation services to find the best technology solutions for their design, prototype and production needs. Our technology areas include:
Our technical facilities
We have technical facilities in the UK and Germany which provide a wide range of custom services.
Imaging Competence Centre
- Design, engineering and after-sales support for OEM camera module integration
- Authorised European calibration and repair centre
- In-house service for OEMs and military/commercial end users of cooled thermal imaging equipment
European Wireless Competence Centre
- Consultancy, design and manufacture of wireless solutions
- Expertise in Bluetooth (LE), 2G, 3G, 4G, GPS/GNSS, ISM, Sigfox, LoRA, WiFi and Zigbee
- Advanced testing and validation for fibre optics, throughout all stages of application design and product lifetime
Custom Services for Magnetic Components
- Design and production of magnetic cores, inductors and transformers
- Europe’s largest distributor of soft magnetic cores and access to all known materials and shapes
- Up to date with the latest technical and application developments, including design and simulation software
Custom Services for Connectors and Fibre Optic products
- Assemble widest range of Amphenol circular connectors in the UK, with a 48-hour turnaround for core items
- Design and assemble connectors with cables, harnesses and flexes attached
- Design, assemble and test fibre optic connectors and cables assemblies, and on-site termination and repairs
Custom Services for Power Supply products and assemblies
- Assemble, configure and test customisable Excelsys power supplies
- In-house manual assembly production and test facility for low- to medium-volume requirements
- Higher volume can be built by Excelsys in Asia
Whether we have produced your design for you or you have done this separately, we can provide manufacturing, supply chain and quality management services for your project.
- low-volume production (from one piece or for one-off projects)
- mass production (including quality assurance, production planning and safety stock)
- rapid prototyping, and
- after-sales support (including obsolescence management if required).
Our manufacturing centres are approved to ISO9001:2015, CECC and IECQ standards.
Supply chain and quality management services
Our design matches your end product and its environment as well as your processes. Our packaging, including documentation and labelling is matched with your assembling technology. We choose the best manufacturing site globally, depending on size, weight, volume, cost considerations and delivery area. Our warehouse capabilities include stock profiles, safety stocks, consignment stocks, shipping on demand, drop shipments, and just in time.
Final quality checks are managed by our central quality department. We are your direct partner for quality assurance agreements, audits and complaint management, and take full responsibility for each delivery independent of the production site. Testing is carried out in our own lab using modern semi-automatic equipment. In addition to standard defined parameter tests, we also offer other examinations on request.
To ensure the highest quality level of production and conformity with required standards (ISO, RoHS, REACH, UL), our central quality management team provide full support and perform audits at our production sites.
An international manufacturing capability
The Acal Group own a network of production plants across Europe and Asia. Typically prototypes, samples and low-volume requirements are produced in-house. High volume production is done by specialist manufacturing partners, who have implemented European measures of process stability, product quality and general management. We can find the best way to produce your project.