16 Channel White LED Driver Solution with LED Current and Timing Control
Manufacturer's part number :
The AAT2430C is a highly integrated, high efficiency white LED backlight solution for large size LCD panels used in LCD TVs. By controlling external power MOSFETs (such as the Skyworks' AAT2491 high-voltage TrenchDMOS array), the AAT2430C facilitates 16 current sink channels to provide precision constant-current drive for strings of white LEDs, where the number of series-connected LEDs per string is only limited by the system LED voltage supply. Current in each backlight string and string-to-string matching is controlled using I-Precise™ sensing and control circuitry, a novel on-chip method to accurately control drain current in external discrete power MOSFETs independent of their construction and without the need for precision sense resistors.
A 15MHz SPI compatible interface allows fast, independent digital control of each current sink. Full scale LED current is programmed using an external resistor. DOT correction may be applied globally to all sink channels with 8-bit resolution. Both phase delay and grayscale clock (GS Clock) PWM on-time are user programmable with 12-bit resolution for each current sink channel. Timing and synchronization are determined by externally applied VSYNC and GS Clock signals.
The AAT2430C provides latched fault handling and fault reporting through the SPI interface and fault flag output pin. The fault detection system reports open or short circuit LED strings and over-temperature events. The short circuit LED detection threshold is user programmable.
The LED string supply voltage may be regulated by using the voltage or current mode current sense feedback signal to the LED voltage regulator. This analog signal represents the highest VF string of LEDs. Thermal protection circuitry shuts down the device in the event of an overtemperature condition.
The AAT2430C is available in the Pb-free, thermally enhanced 64-pin 9mm x 9mm QFN and 64-pin 14mm x 14mm LQFP packages.
View our wide range of Analogue / Mixed signal products
View our portfolio of Semiconductors
See all products from our supplier Skyworks
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- VIN Range: 10.8V 28V
- 16 Programmable LED Current Sinks
- ±1.5% Accuracy @ RSET = 3.01kΩ
- ±1.5% Matching @ RSET = 3.01kΩ
- SPI Interface
- Digitally Programmable Individual Channels
- Up to 15MHz Clock Speed
- Read/Write Registers
- High Resolution Digital Control for Individual Channels
- 12-bit Resolution Grayscale PWM Brightness
- 12-bit Resolution Channel Phase Delay
- 8-Bit Resolution Global Current Setting (Dot Correction)
- VSYNC PWM and Delay Synchronization
- Device Addressing
- 4 Possible Address Settings
- Up to 64 Current Sinks
- Integrated Fault Protection
- Open Circuit LED(s)
- Programmable Short LED Threshold
- Over-Temperature Protection
- 9 x 9mm 64-pin QFN Package with 0.5mm pitch or 14 x 14mm 64-pin Low Profile QFP Package with 0.8mm pitch
How wireless works