16 Channel White LED Driver Solution with LED Current, Timing Control
Manufacturer's part number :
The AAT2428 is a highly integrated, high efficiency white LED backlight solution for large size LCD panels used in LCD TVs. Integrated precision current sinks provide drive for up to 16 LED channels. The IC has user programmable options for current sinks to be controlled globally, in banks of 2, or 4 LED groups. A wide range of series LEDs is possible because the current sinks can withstand up to 50V.
A SPI compatible interface operates up to 15MHz, allowing fast, independent digital control of each current sink. 16 unique device addresses allow for control of up to 128 LED strings. Full scale LED current is programmed from 40mA to 150mA using an external resistor. LED brightness variation is compensated by setting relative current sink magnitudes with an 8-bit resolution dot correction register for each LED current sink. LED dimming and phase delay are programmable with 12-bit resolution though the SPI bus interface. Both the 12-bit resolution grayscale PWM brightness setting and phase delay are generated from an external VSYNC signal and an external or internally generated GSCLK signal.
The AAT2428 provides fault handling and fault reporting through the SPI interface. Reported fault conditions include over-temperature, open LED detection and short circuit LED detection. The threshold for short circuit LED detection is programmable. All fault conditions are reported on the open drain FAULT output pin.
The LED supply voltage may be regulated using a current sense feedback function that provides both voltage and current mode feedback. This analog feedback signal represents the highest VF string of LEDs. A current sense feedback input signal allows for cascading any number of AAT2428s.
The AAT2428 is available in Pb-free, thermally enhanced 48-pin 7mm x 7mm TQFN package.
View our wide range of Analogue / Mixed signal products
View our portfolio of Semiconductors
See all products from our supplier Skyworks
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- VIN Range: 10.8V 28V
- 16 Programmable LED Current Sinks
- ±1.5% Accuracy @ 25°C (101.72mA)
- ±2.0% Matching @ 25°C (101.72mA)
- SPI Interface
- Digitally Programmable LED Channels
- LED Bank Control Options: 1 (all 16 channels), 2 (2 x 8 Channels), 4 (4 x 4 Channels)
- Up to 15MHz Clock Speed
- Read/Write Registers
- High Resolution Digital Control of LED Banks
- 12-Bit Resolution Grayscale PWM Brightness
- 12-Bit Resolution Channel Phase Delay
- 8-Bit Resolution Current Setting (Dot Correction)
- VSYNC PWM and Delay Synchronization
- VSYNC range of up to 1kHz
- External or Internal Grayscale Clock
- 16 Unique Device Addresses
- Up to 256 Current Sinks
- Integrated Fault Protection
- Open Circuit LED(s)
- Programmable Shorted-LED Threshold
- Current Limit Protection
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Soft-Start to Minimize Inrush Current
- 7mm x 7mm 48 pin TQFN Package
How wireless works