Single Channel Bi-stable/Uni-stable Drivers
Manufacturer's part number :
The VDM1000 is the optimal driver for the UNIBLITZ® N-CAS®, NS series shutters. It has user-selectable function switchers allowing it to handle a variety of shutter configurations, including operation of N-CAS shutters configured for uni-stable mode (normally open or normally closed) or bi-stable mode where no power is required to hold the shutter open or closed. As an additional feature, the N-CAS circuit of the VDM1000 can be manually disabled, allowing the VDM1000 to operate standard LS, VS, CS, and DSS series shutters. The VDM1000 complies with CE, UL, CSA standards for laboratory equipment.
Simple and straightforward controls allow the VDM1000 to be easy to use and configure. Front panel LED indicators provide shutter status at a glance. A toggle switch allows direct selection of normally open or closed operation. RS-232C control is also available via the dual 8-pin RJ45 connectors. This permits multiple VDM1000 units to be daisy-chained by connecting the RJ45 output of one controller to the RJ45 input of the next controller in the chain. Each unit's specific address in the chain is selected using the ADDRESS rotary octal switch. The rear panel contains BNC connectors for the pulse input and electronic synchronization output.
The VDM1000 receives power through a 2.0 mm male jack from an included external power supply. Shutter output is through a female, 5-pin, push-lock Switchcraft connector. A bank of user selectable function switches is provided on the right side of the enclosure.
View our wide range of Shutters
View our portfolio of Imaging for Science and Industry products
See all products from our supplier Vincent Associates
Quote and availability
- CE/UL/CSA Certification.
- RoHS Compliant.
- Microprocessor controlled.
- Operates UNIBLITZ® shutters in the LS, VS and the CS series product lines (optional 710A interconnect cable required).
- Operates the bi-stable DSS series (optional interconnect cable required).
- Operates the N-CAS® shutter series in a bi-stable or uni-stable mode.
- Provides normally open or normally closed shutter operation in uni-stable mode.
- Indicators for power, driver active, and sync active indication.
- Exposure determined by external pulse (BNC, TTL) or switch contact.
- SYNC OUTPUT BNC and PULSE INPUT BNC can be selected to operate either active-low or active-high.
- Shutter connection through a 5-pin Switchcraft locking shutter interface connector: 510A shutter interconnect cable (included) for NS25 and NS45 series shutters(5-pin male Switchcraft to 5-pin female Switchcraft, 3 meters).
- Input and output control via RS-232C interface through dual RJ45 connectors, 8 devices can be controlled independently from one computer serial port. Requires one 810RJ cable (optional).
- Units can be easily daisy chained with RJ45 cable (optional), one per additional unit.
- Status of electronic sync available from SYNC OUTPUT BNC (TTL) and can be read back through RS-232C interface.
- Synchronization system can be disabled via user-selectable FUNCTION switch.
- Selectable pulse energy for operation of large aperture shutter devices, which require additional high-energy pulse for operation.
- Selectable pulse high current duration for specific shutters via 8-position select switch.
- Black painted aluminum enclosure with slots for ventilation.
- Internal fuse protection for all DC output voltages (including shutter).
- PS36, +36V DC, 1.83A, 100-240 VAC external power supply (included), UL/CE certified.
- VDM1000: (HWD) 1.83 x 4.342 x 6.506 in (46.4 x 110.3 x 165.3 mm). PS36: (HWD) 1.80 x 3.00 x 5.8 in. (45.7 x 76.2 x 147.3 mm).
- VDM1000: 1.20 lbs (0.54 kg) PS36: 1.10 lbs (0.50 kg)