Camera system, compact, high definition, high speed, 2048 x 2048 pixels at 1080fps
Manufacturer's part number :
Compact lightweight camera system offering outstanding performance and ease of use in a wide range of high‐speed imaging applications requiring high‐resolution.
The Photron FASTCAM Mini WX high‐speed camera delivers exceptional high‐ resolution performance by providing 2048x2048 pixels (4MP) resolution at 1,080 frames per second (fps), full HD (1920x1080 pixels) at 2,000fps and up to 80,000fps at reduced image resolution.
A true Region of Interest (ROI) capability allows the user to not only match the image aspect ratio to the subject, but for applications such as microscopy it is possible to position the ROI at any location on the sensor thus removing the need to adjust the camera position.
The FASTCAM Mini WX is both compact and light weight with dimensions of just 120mm x 120mm x 99mm and weighing 1.6kg and also rugged ‐ operationally tested to 100G , 10ms, 6 axis. This unique combination of high resolution performance in a compact, light but rugged package maximises the range of industrial and scientific applications to which the FASTCAM Mini WX may be applied.
The FASTCAM Mini WX utilises Photron's proprietary CMOS sensor technology providing 12bit monochrome or 36bit colour versions . With the utilization of micro‐lenses this system delivers excellent light sensitivity and image quality. Recording memory options from 4GB ‐ 16GB permit capture of up to 2.7 seconds un‐compressed and un‐interpolated data - this is sufficient duration for typical high‐speed events.
Standard operational features of the FASTCAM Mini WX100 include Gigabit Ethernet interface for fast image download and the ability to switch off cooling fans to eliminate vibration when recording at high magnifications - in particular applications such as study of microfluidic flows within a 'Lab‐on‐a‐chip' device. Intuitive and feature rich Photron FASTCAM Viewer (PFV) software, SDK and support for operation within a MATLAB or LabVIEW environment are also provided as standard.
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- 4MP CMOS Sensor: 2048x2048 pixels at 1080fps
- Frame Rate Performance Examples: 1,080fps at 2048x2048 pixel resolution, 2,000fps at 1980x1080 pixel resolution, 2,250fps at 1280x1280 pixel resolution, 3,200fps at 1024x1024 pixel resolution, 3,600fps at 1280x800 pixel resolution.
- Compact and Lightweight: 120mm x 120mm x 99mm Camera body Weight: 1.6Kg
- True Region Of Interest (ROI): Increase frame rate with a reduction in vertical and/or horizontal image resolution. Freedom to position ROI at any sensor position
- High‐G Compatible: Operationally tested to 100G, 10ms, 6 axis
- High Light Sensitivity: ISO 12232 Ssat (excluding IR response), ISO 6,400 monochrome, ISO 2,000 colour
- Dynamic Range (ADC): 12‐bit Monochrome, 36‐bit Colour
- Global Electronic Shutter 1ms to 2.7 µsec independent of frame rate
- Recording Memory Options: 4GB, 8GB and 16GB.
- Fast Gigabit Ethernet Interface: Provides reliable system communication and fast image download.
- Fan Stop Function Remotely switch off cooling fans to eliminate vibration - particularly important when capturing events at high‐ magnification.
- Light Sensitivity: Expressions of light sensitivity in high‐speed cameras can be confusing as a variety of differing measurement techniques are used. Photron publishes light sensitivity figures for it's products using the ISO 12232 Ssat standard.
- Image Sensor: The FASTCAM Mini WX system uses an advanced CMOS image sensor that is unique to Photron. The pixel pitch of the sensor is 10 microns giving a sensor size at full resolution of 20.48 x 20.48 mm (diagonal 28.96mm).
- Colour Filter Array (CFA): The FASTCAM Mini WX employs a Colour Filter Array and proprietary colour processing algorithms to accurately reproduce colour
- High‐Speed PC Interface: FASTCAM Mini WX100 camera system is equipped with a high‐speed Gigabit. Ethernet interface to provide reliable network communication and fast download of image data.
- High‐G Calibration Shutter: The ruggedized mechanical shutter fitted as standard to the FASTCAM Mini WX100 camera allows sensor black balance calibration to be carried out remotely from the system control software.
- Nikon 'G' Compatible Lens Mount: The FASTCAM Mini WX100 camera is equipped with an objective lens mount compatible with readily available Nikon G type lenses. Controls provided within the lens mount allow the control of lens aperture on lenses without external iris control.
- M42 Lens Support: An optional M42 lens mount is available supporting a range of precision optics for suppliers such as Karl Zeiss.