HDMI and MHL Protocol/Audio/Video Analyser and Generator Module
Manufacturer's part number :
The Keysight Technologies U4998A HDMI and MHL 1.4b protocol / audio / video analyser and generator module enables you to test your devices to ensure they are compliant to the HDMI 1.4b or MHL 1.2 compliance test specification (CTS). The U4998A directly replaces the N5998A, Keysight Technologies’s previous generation HDMI protocol / audio/ video analyser and generator recommended by the HDMI CTS. The U4998A is recommended by the HDMI CTS 1.4b for 4K x 2K compliance testing (Test 7-39).
The U4998A AXIe-based module is the first instrument to support source and sink compliance testing up to the maximum transition modulated differential signaling (TMDS) data rates of 3.4 Gbps – essential to support 4K x2K resolution. In addition, the module’s wide range of capabilities enable you to test legal codes, basic protocol, packet type, pixel encoding, video format timing, AVI Infoframe, ACR, audio sample packet jitter, deep color, 3D video format, and more.
Have confidence in obtaining CTS certification on the first pass by performing in-house testing with the same equipment used by AT. Perform deeper analysis and identify the root cause of failures with the N5998U-DBG option. ; Automate your HDMI testing and remotely control the U4998A using the COM server embedded in the application software.
The U4998A HDMI is controlled by HDMI analysis software running on an external PC. The HDMI analysis software is part of the U4998A.
Quote and availability
- Maximum data rate of 3.4 Gbps
- 4K x 2K support for HDMI for HDMI
- 3D generation and analysis and extended colorimetry and content type support for HDMI
- 4 GB deep memory
- HDMI 1.4b Source Tests: 7-16 through 7-19, 7-23 through 7-40
- HDMI 1.4b Sink Tests: 8-16, 8-21, 8-23, 8-29, 8-31 and, in conjunction with the Keysight E4887A TMDS Signal Generator, test 8-25
- MHL CTS Source Tests: TMDS Coding 220.127.116.11 through 18.104.22.168, Video Modes 22.214.171.124 through 126.96.36.199, and Audio Test 188.8.131.52 through 184.108.40.206
- MHL CTS Sink / Dongle Tests: System Test 220.127.116.11 /18.104.22.168; Video Tests 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199 through 188.8.131.52 /184.108.40.206, and Audio Tests 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199
- Capture for source compliance testing
- Generation for sink compliance testing
- Passive monitoring with pass through and mirror capabilities (optional)
- Compatible with M9502A 2-slot, M9505A 5-slot, or U4002A 2-slot modular chassis
- Requires either M9536A embedded controller or compatible host PC
- For host PC configurations, select appropriate PCIe adapter and cable for chassis and host PC combination. Host PC requires Windows XP or Windows 7
- MHL protocol compliance support is an optional upgrade to the standard HDMI configuration