Signal Studio for Pulse Building
Manufacturer's part number :
N7620B Signal Studio for pulse building software enables flexible generation of complex, wideband pulse patterns using Keysight’s vector signal generator. For radar receiver test the pulse builder software provides a simple interface to construct and import custom pulse envelopes, apply intra-pulse modulation, and create sophisticated single emitter test patterns. Patterns can be created by using the easy to use graphical user interface or with a remote program. The waveform sequencing capability enables users to play long scenarios by maximizing memory usage.
Signal Studio for pulse building creates waveforms with carriers as high as 44 GHz and bandwidths of 2 GHz using Keysight’s M8190A wideband AWG and the PSG signal generator. The pulse builder software correction engine along with the 16-bit ARB and PSG gives users excellent dynamic range all the way to 44 GHz.
Quote and availability
- Supports custom or a variety of standard intra-pulse modulation formats: linear and non-linear FM chirp, FM step, AM step, BPSK, QPSK, Barker codes, Frank codes and polyphase code
- Create, store and recall complex pulse patterns that maximize instrument memory to play long scenarios
- Set repetition interval, number of repetitions, and frequency, phase, and power offsets on a pulse-by-pulse basis
- Optional advanced capabilities with Option QFP: Add PRI patterns, signal impairments, antenna radiation, modulation types and scan patterning and file import/export capabilities from a .csv spreadsheet file
- Control frequency, amplitude and ALC, markers, and more
- Enhance signal quality using baseband predistortion
- Create, store, and recall custom pulse patterns with 80 dB on/off ratio and up to 80 MHz or 1 GHz BW
- Automate test with COM API and SCPI
- API HELP system
- LAN and GPIB
- Import ASCII user-file pulse definitions created in other signal creation environments such as Keysight ADS and MATLAB