Energy Efficient Ethernet Compliance Application
Manufacturer's part number :
The N5392B Ethernet 10/100/1G compliance software with Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) for Infiniium Series oscilloscopes provides you with a fast and easy way to verify and debug your 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T Energy Efficient Ethernet designs. The Ethernet electrical test software lets you automatically execute Ethernet physical-layer (PHY) electrical tests and displays the results in a flexible report format. In addition to the measurement data, the report provides a margin analysis that shows how closely your device passed or failed each test.
The Ethernet 10/100/1G compliance software with Energy Efficient Ethernet performs a wide range of electrical tests to meet the Energy Efficient Ethernet electrical specifications for 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T systems as documented in the IEEE 802.3az-2010 standard.
The N5392B Ethernet 10/100/1G compliance software with Energy Efficient Ethernet requires the Wilder Technologies Energy Efficient Ethernet electrical compliance test fixture (EEE-TPA-ERK), at least one InfiniiMax active differential probe (1131A, 1132A, 1134A, 1168A or 1169A) with E2678A socketed differential probe head, and two SMA cables (for 1000BASE-T measurements only).
For standard Ethernet jitter measurements for 1000BASE-T, you need to use the N5396A gigabit Ethernet jitter test cable with the N5395C E thernet test fixture; a second InfiniiMax active differential probe and two E2677A or N5381A solder-in differential probe heads; and a BNC cable (for 1000BASE-T and 10BASE-T measurements only). The N5392B Ethernet electrical performance validation and compliance software runs on all Infiniium Series oscilloscopes.
Quote and availability
- The N5392B Ethernet 10/100/1G Compliance Software with Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) provides rapid and automated testing of Energy Efficient Ethernet network devices.
- The application automates compliance test coverage for tests in the Energy Efficient Ethernet IEEE802.3az-2010 specification.
- Wide range of Energy Efficient Ethernet electrical tests are performed for 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T.
- Automated setup ensures result repeatability and lets test engineers run the application without being an expert on Energy Efficient Ethernet testing procedures.
- Test setup wizard guides user through test selection, configuration, connection, execution and results reporting.
- Oscilloscope setup is automatically configured for each test, and measurement connection setups are displayed.
- Test results reports test configuration, measurements made, pass/fail status, margin analysis and waveforms.
- N5395C Ethernet test fixture – for standard 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 1000BASE-T Ethernet technologies tests.
- N5396A gigabit Ethernet jitter test cable for jitter testing.
- 640-0581-001 (EEE-TPA-ERK) Energy Efficient Ethernet test fixture kit from Wilder Technologies - for Energy Efficient Ethernet testing.
- The application is available as a fixed license for a specific oscilloscope, or it can be ordered as a server-based floating license that can move between multiple oscilloscopes.