DC Electronic Loads
Manufacturer's part number :
The 8500 series Programmable DC Electronic Loads can be used for testing and evaluating a variety of DC power sources. Their wide operating ranges of up to 500 V and 240 A, flexible operating modes and excellent measurement accuracy make the 8500 series well suited for characterizing DC Power supplies, DC-DC Converters, batteries, fuel cells and solar cells. The loads can operate in CC, CV, CR or CP mode while voltage/current or resistance/power values are measured and displayed in real time. Load terminals are isolated and floating. Extensive protection, including over temperature, over power, over voltage, over current and reverse polarity will help protect your valuable prototype. The DC loads are easy to use. All parameters can be set quickly and precisely from the front panel, or programmed via RS232 or USB interfaces.
View our wide range of DC electronic loads
View our portfolio of Test and Measurement products
See all products from our supplier BK Precision
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Constant current (CC), resistance (CR), voltage (CV) and power (CP) operation
- Wide voltage and current range, 0 to 500 V, 0 to 240 A (5000 W max)
- Low minimum operating voltage of < 0.1 V and minimum input resistance of 5 mΩ (model 8518) allowing the load to sink high current at low voltages, required for fuel and solar cell applications
- Selected models operate up to 500 V, suitable for high voltage applications
- Built-in transient generator
- Short circuit test
- Built-in high resolution (0.1 mA/1 mV) voltage and current measurement (models 8500 & 8502)
- Bright, easy to read display (VFD technology)
- Over-Current/Over-Voltage/Over-Power/Over-Temperature Protection
- RS232 to TTL, USB to TTL serial converter cables and application software included
- List mode operation for increased throughput.
- Battery testing mode to provide A*hr rating of battery (ending voltage level is adjustable)
- Flexible triggering: Create trigger events by front panel keystroke, back panel TTL signal, or software.
- Remote voltage sensing to compensate for the effect of voltage drop in wires.
- Store 25 instrument setups
- Thermostatically-controlled fans allow operation in quiet environments with minimal disruption.
- All models are rack mountable. Compact 300 W and 600 W models for bench use