DC Diode Limiter, for Overload and ESD protection
Manufacturer's part number :
The N9355CK01 is a diode limiter to protect sensitive oscilloscope channels from damage due to electric overload stress (EOS) and electrostatic discharge (ESD). For example, voltages in excess of ±2V can destroy high-performance samplers used in oscilloscopes. The limiter dramatically reduces the likelihood that such voltages will reach the sensitive part of the instrument, hence ensuring that the oscilloscope will work reliably for a long time.
Instruments with dual electrical channels, such as the 54754A, will need quantity two N9355CK01s. Step generators within the TDR modules use ≤ 0.2 V which is far less than the diode threshold of the N9355CK01 limiter. The N9355CK01 can also be used to protect the electrical channel of 86105X and similar modules, as long as the signal does not exceed the range -0.5V to +0.5V.
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Nominal impedance: 50 Ohms
- Frequency range: DC to 26.5 GHz
- Voltage drop ± 0.6 to 0.7 V (± 10 mADC)
- ESD damage level (limiter only): 2400 V using the Human Body Model
- RF maximum damage power level (+ 17 dBm)
- Max input/output DC voltage = ± 5V
- Max input/output current = ± 80 mA