Comb Generator, 10MHz to 67GHz
Manufacturer's part number :
The U9391G comb generator was developed to provide precision phase calibration, referenced to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), for nonlinear measurements using the PNA-X nonlinear vector network analyser (NVNA). Comb generators generate frequency harmonics from an input RF signal. The U9391G comb generator uses InP MMIC technology which ensures superior phase stability of the comb enabling it to be used as a phase reference.
If a signal generator is not available, the 10 MHz reference output on the back panel of the PNA-X can be used as a signal source. However, because the comb generator is not able to work at optimum condition below 100 MHz sine wave input, a sine to square wave converter needs to be used. This configuration will enable NVNA measurements however with less accuracy compared with the conventional configuration using a PSG. The squiring circuit is available with U9391F and U9391G.
Keysight's new patented comb generator offers a customer selectable USB controlled frequency divider which allows for broad range of input signal frequencies from 10 MHz to 67 GHz and small minimum tone spacing of 10 MHz. The input power and fundamental frequency have lower sensitivity than other comb generators. So you can calibrat e the comb generator at a single input power level and frequency and then successfully apply the calibration across a wide range of input powers and fundamental frequencies. The U9391-60009 sine to square wave converter is needed as the comb generator will not function at its optimum level for output frequencies above 26.5 GHz, with a sine wave input of less than 100 MHz. Therefore, U9391-60009 is included as a standard accessory for U9391F and U9391G.
Quote and availability
- Flat amplitude and phase
- NIST referenced phase calibration
- Sine to square wave converter provided as standard accessory (U9391F/G only) ensures the comb generator functions at its optimum level for output frequencies above 26.5 GHz
- Output frequency:10 MHz to 67 GHz
- Input frequency:10 MHz to 6 GHz
- 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 divide ratio
- Easy frequency divider control and calibration data retrieval
- Fast calibration data retrieval
- Rugged connectors
- High repeatability throughout multiple connects and disconnects
- Long operating life
- Handgrip (U9391G only) designed for better gripping and as heat insulator for user’s handling