Auto-Restarting Current Limiting Load Switch with LDO Regulator
Manufacturer's part number :
The AAT4702 SmartSwitch™ is a member of Skyworks' Application Specific Power MOSFET™ (ASPM™) product family. This device integrates a high side P-channel MOSFET current limiting load switch with a nanopower low dropout (LDO) linear voltage regulator, making the AAT4702 ideal for use in load current protected applications that also require a system power supply. The load switch operates with input voltages ranging from 2.4V to 5.5V, making it ideal for 2.5V, 3V, and 5V systems. A fault flag is provided to alert the system to an over current event. The fault flag has a 5ms blanking time to prevent from reporting false events such as inrush currents during system startup.
The load switch current limit is 150mA by default or programmed up to 1A through an external set resistor.
The AAT4702 LDO linear regulator is designed to deliver a regulated 1.8V supply voltage for load levels up to 100mA. The regulator section may be powered directly from an input source supply or from the load switch output.
The AAT4702 is offered in a Pb-free, space-saving 8-pin 2x2mm FTDFN22 package, and is specified for operation over the -40°C to +85°C ambient temperature range.
View our wide range of Analogue / Mixed signal products
View our portfolio of Semiconductors
See all products from our supplier Skyworks
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Load Switch:
- 2.4V-5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 150mA Default Current Limit Level
- 270mΩ Typical RDS(ON) at 2.4V
- 400ns Response to Short Circuit
- Reverse Voltage Protection
- Current Limit Shutdown with Output Pull Down
- Auto Restart with 40ms Timer
- 5ms Fault Blanking Timeout
- Under-Voltage Lockout Protection
- LDO Regulator:
- Output Current up to 100mA
- 1.8V Output Voltage with ±2% Accuracy
- Thermal and Short Circuit Protection
- Active Shutdown Output Pull-Down
- Low Quiescent Current 15μA Typical for Switch and LDO
- Less than 1μA Shutdown Current
- Only 1μF Ceramic Output Capacitor Required
- Available in FTDFN22-8L Package.
How wireless works