Reflected Ultra-Violet Imaging System
Manufacturer's part number :
The SceneScope imager uses intensified UV reflectance instead of fluorescence as in Forensic Light Sources. The System can detect fingerprints on most non-porous surfaces prior to any treatment or after a cyanoacrylate (Superglue) fuming. The SceneScope RUVIS instruments include configurations strictly for crime scene and photography (Gun setup). The optional SC-FM2 device makes the SceneScope the highest RUVIS available (3-4 times more resolution than standard setup) and allows simultaneous viewing of UV fingerprint intensified images (converted to green) while focusing/recording on UV sensitive film. SceneScope can also be configured with a CCD camera and video goggles (head mounted display), a digital camera and printer.
View our wide range of Spectroscopy products
View our portfolio of Photonics
See all products from our supplier Horiba Scientific
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Intensifier Unit: Typical Resolution 40 line pairs/mm, Gen 2.5, Protective circuit from Bright Source, Safety Switch for Objective disconnection, S20 Photocathode, P43 Phosphor, Side Holding with Grip and Hand-Strap, Run-time with CR123 battery 75 hours. (Specify color of Grip: Blue or Green)
- Objective lens: Fused Silica elements, 78mm focal length, Nikon mount, capable of being mounted directly on 35mm camera and Imaging over the full size of film for high resolution UV photography.
- Filter: 254nm with 40nm bandwidth in 52mm Ring.
- UV Lamp: 6W - Ability to run on both 12V Batteries and Lab Power Supply.
- Lamp Battery: 12V - 7.2A.h
- Carrying Case: Soft Sided, rigid nylon bag, maintains shape and protects the SceneScope and accessories from damage. Rugged enough to be checked as baggage on commercial air carriers.
- Safety Devices: Eye and Skin UV protection with Goggles, Screw-on Viewer Shield, Second Full Face Shield with headgear (Gloves and Clothing to be provided by users). For CCD Lab version: 3 fold panels with hinges - Face Shield for HMD's.
- Video CCD Camera :810 x 505 pixels , AGC High 0.003 lux, S/N 50 dB.
- Video Goggles: High resolution Head-Mounted Displays with 800 x 600 pixels, 0.49 inch LCD, PAL/NTSC/SVGA, comes with its own Power Supply.
- SC-FM2 UNIQUE High Resolution Option: Modified 35mm camera with intensifier attachment on Top (in place of prism), UV Quartz optics. Ability to mount the 78mm lens on FM Nikon camera and view live the UV image in the intensifier, while focusing on UV Film (Commercial Film) -This Patented Unique Set-up features No Resolution limit due to intensifier. It is only Limited by Film Resolution and Objective.
- UV Reflectance allows the detection of untreated fingerprints, as well as fingerprints that have only been processed with cyanoacrylate fuming (superglue evaporation).
- The intensification also allows the detection of faint luminol treated stains.