Bi-stable Shutters, Aperture 6mm
Manufacturer's part number :
The UNIBLITZ®TS6B is a bi-stable 6 mm aperture design that has eliminated the external protruding actuator and has no external components. The reliability of this device has been enhanced by reducing the moving parts count to only two (the rotor and the blade). This new "direct-drive" system eliminates all linkages between the actuator and the shutter blade. When paired with the ED12DSS shutter driver,TS6B will provide reliability in a device that is only 1.050 inches in diameter.
The TS6B can be equipped with reflective blades to provide the ability to switch high-intensity light sources. This option protects the shutter blades by reflecting the energy away from the blade surface. Two standard reflective blade options are available,"Z" (AlSiO) and "ZM" (AlMgF2).
Standard termination is to a 2-pin JST connector (S2B-PH-SM4-TB) via a 4-inch flex interconnects. For OEM applications an adapter is available to convert the flex connector to flying leads.
The TS6B can also be mounted to a standard ¼-20 post when using the #134 post mount adapter. Future availability includes the addition of the electronic sync and the capability to utilize existing mounting systems and hardware.
View our wide range of Shutters
View our portfolio of Imaging for Science and Industry products
See all products from our supplier Vincent Associates
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Bi-stable operation significantly reduces power, only requires power to switch shutter's state.
- Innovative actuator system radically reduces moving parts to increase reliability.
- Low voltage/current operation.
- TS6B Small form factor: 6 mm aperture, 1.050 inch outer diameter and .190 inches thick.
- Typical transfer time on opening -1.7msec -opening and closing time symmetrical.
- Exposure repetition rates from DC -85Hz.
- Mounting: Flat mounting surfaces on both sides of the device simple to mount.
- Can be ¼-20 post mounted with the #134 post mount adapter.
- Replacement for conventional flag-type flag shutters: Unlike conventional flag shutter devices, TS-series shutters can be centered on an existing aperture significantly reducing the overall space required for a given application.
- Blade options: Reflective blades available; "Z" (AlSiO) and "ZM" (AlMgF2). To switch high energy light sources. Other coating options may be available upon request.
- Driver: Special driver not required. Recommended driver, the UNIBLITZ® ED12DSS.
- The TS6B is terminated to a 2-pin JST connector (S2B-PH-SM4-TB) via a 4-inch flex interconnect.
- Scalable design: TS series simple design allows scaling for aperture sizes not presently available. Please use the custom capabilities worksheet for your particular application.
- Alternate blade material available by special order for x-ray or other customer applications.
- Only two unique moving parts, the rotor and the blade.