Media Cloud Server with 8 Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v3 Series, 2U Rackmount
Manufacturer's part number :
The increasing prevalence of high-bandwidth multimedia applications in use over the network, such as video streaming and conferencing, remote education, remote medical services and real-time video analytics, requires providers to upgrade media server performance in order to deliver a high quality user experience. However, general purpose rack servers currently available on the market were not specifically designed for media applications, lacking the required levels of performance and compute density.
In contrast to general purpose rack servers which usually have at most two CPUs and perform software video transcoding, the Adlink Media Cloud Server is an Application Ready Intelligent Platform (ARIP) for advanced video applications with high density computing performance that is designed from the ground up to meet the technical considerations specific to media servers while being cost-effective and easy to maintain.
Quote and availability
- Four hot-pluggable compute nodes
- Features (per node)
- Two independent systems communicate via GbE
- Dual sockets support 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 and Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v3 (LGA 1150)
- 4 DIMMs, up to 32GB DDR3 memory (16GB/system)
- Quad GbE via RJ-45 (2 per system)
- 4x hot -swappable 2.5 inch SATA drive bays
- 2x 1600W redundant power supply
- Adlink MediaManager
- IPTV, cable TV, cloud and mobile cloud service providers
- Video transcoding, unified communications, video surveillance and video analysis