Return Loss module, without internal source
Manufacturer's part number :
Keysight's 81610A Return Loss module is the tool of choice for measuring return loss (RL) and reflection of single-mode fiberoptic components. The module measures the optical power into and reflected back from the device under test and calculates and displays the return loss. Thorough built-in functionality provides the correct coupling and detection ratios and eliminates the effects of dark current and residual backscatter in the instrument setup to provide accurate measurements over a wide dynamic range.
The Return Loss modules can be used in any 816x Lightwave mainframe and an external fixed-wavelength or tunable laser source. The performance and usability is enhanced by combination with a Keysight power sensor in the 8163B mainframe for simultaneous RL and insertion loss measurements, especially in combination with the 81610CC calibrated reference cable. Automated use is supported by the 816x Plug&Play Driver, which also supports use of the module for advanced swept-wavelength RL measurements.
View our wide range of Photonic test and measurement products
View our portfolio of Electronic test and measurement
See all products from our supplier Keysight Technologies
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Return loss dynamic range > 70 dB
- Return loss uncertainty down to ±0.25 dB with broadband source
- Wide operating wavelength range: 1250nm to 1640nm
- Built-in Power Monitor
- Built-in step-by step guided wizard with 8163B mainframe
- The high RL dynamic range provides most accurate measurement of RL and IL up to 70 dB and enables better product specifications.
- One test setup can be used for DUTs in all transmission bands.
- The built-in power monitor provides RL measurements with high est stability and accuracy.
- The built-in RTL-wizard simplifies accurate calibration and measurement.
- Factory calibrated parametres let you instantly start with the return loss measurement.