Manufacturer's part number :
The 8169A Polarization Controller, with single-mode fiber input and output, is used to change light from any polarised or unpolarised light source into any well-defined state of polarization. The design based on bulk-optic zero-order waveplates and a high-performance linear polariser at the input provides optimum determination and repeatability of polarization states over a wide wavelength range. The 8169A is especially well suited for use together with a tunable laser to make swept-wavelength measurements of the polarization dependence of fiberoptic devices, by setting a set of relatively orthogonal polarization states for Mueller Matrix analysis. These measurements are supported by a Plug&Play driver and coordinated operation of the 8169A with a Keysight tunable laser and power metres can be enhanced with the Photonic Foundations Library software package. The fundamental basis of this flexible instrument also supports many general applications requiring polarization control and analysis.
View our wide range of Photonic test and measurement products
View our portfolio of Electronic test and measurement
See all products from our supplier Keysight Technologies
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- High accuracy and repeatability of output polarization state: ±0.09° on Poincaré Sphere
- Low wavelength dependence of output polarization state: ±0.1°/nm on Poincaré Sphere
- High polarization extinction ratio >45 dB (1530 nm – 1560nm)
- Built-in auto-scanning for fast characterization across polarization states.
- Accepts high input power levels and polarized or unpolarized light sources
- Built-in algorithms for controlled polarization scanning
- Flexible attachment with interchangeable Keysight connector adapters
- Highly accurate and repeatable output polarization reduces test setup and calibration time, and minimizes test uncertainties
- The low wavelength dependent movement of the output polarization state empowers high speed, swept-wavelength measurements and enables broadband applications.