Fast optical power sensor module
Manufacturer's part number :
Keysight's 81636B general purpose optical power sensor is the right choice for accurate power measurements on fiberoptic devices. The modular sensor fits into all Keysight 816x Lightwave mainframes and can be used singly or in multiples for parallel measurements of multichannel devices. The output fiber is easily attached using Keysight's flexible connector adapters or bare-fiber adapter.
The module can run measurement applications like data logging, stability and recording minimum and maximum values over time. Triggered synchronization with tunable laser modules enables powerful spectral measurements, with the advantages of higher resolution, better polarization dependence and cost-and-time-efficient multichannel expandability. The module logs up to 100,000 samples with averaging time as low as 25µs. The analog bandwidth of 17kHz supports fast logging without distortion and the analog output is available for real-time oscilloscope measurements.
View our wide range of Photonic test and measurement products
View our portfolio of Electronic test and measurement
See all products from our supplier Keysight Technologies
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- 25 µs minimum averaging time and 17 kHz analog bandwidth
- Dynamic range > 55dB in manual range mode
- Power uncertainty of ±3%
- Low polarization dependence of <±0.015dB
- 100,000 measurement samples
- Up to 100,000 samples can be taken with short averaging time and high bandwidth to provide undistorted high-resolution spectra at high sweep speeds, even over narrow filters.
- The traceability to NIST and PTB gives you the certainty of measurements referenced to internationally accepted standards.
- The instrument's comprehensive sampling and triggering concept (hardware trigger lines, filtering, event trigger, hardware timer, analog output) provides the flexibility to adapt the power metre to changing test needs and for easy integration into a wide range of applications.