PCIe Desktop Adapter, Gen 2, x8, Clock Isolation
Manufacturer's part number :
The M9048A is a PCIe interface card for computers with PCIe expansion slots. It provides an extremely high performance link from an external computer to an AXIe Chassis, such as the M9502A/5A or a PCIe Cable Interface such as the M9021A. The card has Gen 2 x8 PCIe cable link capable of achieving speeds up to 4GB/s. This means a high performance system can be built using desktop or rack-mounted computers.
The M9048A utilizes a PCIe switch and clock isolation to provide a high quality clock source driven down the PCIe cable to the PXIe or AXIe chassis. Therefore, it always provides the same high-performance gen 2 link regardless of the PC that it’s placed in. It can also operate in most Gen 3 PC slots because they can train to the Gen 2 PCIe switch on the card.
The card utilizes a x8 Molex cable connector and should be used with x8 to x8 PCIe cables tested to operate at Gen 2 speeds such as the Keysight Technologies Y1202A. Operation is transparent to the software application and no software drivers are required.
View our wide range of PXI products
View our portfolio of PXI / AXIe / DAQ and modular solutions
See all products from our supplier Keysight Technologies
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Connecting a external laptop computer to an AXIe or PXIe chassis
- Express Card 34 with cable connector (PCIe x1 connector)
- Enables an M9502A/M9505A AXIe chassis or M9018A PXIe chassis with M9021A cable interface to be connected to a laptop computer via a standard x1 to x8 PCIe cable
- Low power
- Gen 1 x1 link to the computer (maximum 250 MB/s data rate)
- Fully transparent to test system software applications
- Supports up to a 7m passive Gen 1 PCIe cable