RFX2: Antenna pattern measurement in seconds for large antennas
Manufacturer's part number :
The RFX2 is part of the RFxpert range from EMSCAN, and is the only real-time, compact, bench-top antenna measurement equipment that calculates accurate far-field patterns and radiated power levels based on near-field measurements. The RFX2 provides far-field patterns, bisections, EIRP and TRP in less than two seconds. Novel near-field results, including amplitude, polarity and phase give insights into the root causes of antenna performance challenges and help troubleshoot far-field radiation patterns.
Large scan area allows designers to test antennas up to 32cm x 32cm (12.60 x 12.60 inches) eg notebooks, laptops. The RFX2 can also integrate with a network analyser to measure gain, efficiency and S11 of an antenna, and with a base station emulator to test cell phones. Users can execute real-time analysis of their embedded antenna designs and test multiple design iterations, on the lab bench, in seconds at each stage of the design process. The RFX2 also gives wireless engineers the freedom to do rapid prototyping and explore new designs, new materials and new forms. Wireless engineers and designers can test multiple design variations and optimise complex embedded antenna designs at their desktop in seconds without wasting time waiting in congested anechoic chamber lines. They can optimise positioning and effects from layout, monitor changes from packaging or layout changes or verify performance of final product in seconds and then go to the chambers for final certification requirements with their mind at ease, knowing that their design will achieve a first-time pass.
More information and technical resources for the EMxpert are available on the EMSCAN website.
View our wide range of Spectrum analysers
View our portfolio of Oscilloscopes
See all products from our supplier EMSCAN
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- 2D and 3D near-field patterns (amplitude, phase and polarisation)
- Far-field patterns and bi-sections (cartesian and polar)
- EIRP and TRP
- Graph S11
- Calculate gain and efficiency
- Automatic comparisons with user defined Golden Sample (sample lot testing and production line testing)
- Separately purchased options
- Circular polarisation: Right (RHCP) and left hand circularly polarised patterns (LHCP) and Axial Ratio (AR) (EMSCAN part number 3000-0303)
- Base Station Emulator programmable control (EMSCAN part number: 3000-0300)
- Measurement accuracy: Typically +/- 1.5 dB* (700 MHz - 6 GHz)
- Measurement repeatability: +/- 0.2 dB
- Far-field resolution: 1.8° for theta and 3.6° for phi
- Maximum radiator size: RFX2 L 32 cm x W 32 cm (L 12.60 x W 12.60 inches), RFX2 with MCP option: L 2.32 m x W 1.12 m (L 91.34 x W 44.09 inches)