Low Leakage Switch Mainframe, 14 Channels
Manufacturer's part number :
The B2201A reduces the cost of test by enabling characterization tests to be automated, with only slight compromise to the measurement performance of the semiconductor parameter analyser. It supports a 4-SMU, full-Kelvin configuration and a capacitance meter, with room for future expansion. Includes 14 inputs, each with a unique internal measurement path, and a distinctive capacitance measurement compensation feature for two of the inputs. Provides front panel control via keypad or optional light pen, and supports instruments such as pulse generators.
Conducting all the parametric measurements necessary for the numerous test structures on a semiconductor wafer can be a time-consuming and expensive process. With the cost of end-user devices continuing to drop, even laboratory characterization environments must reduce the cost of test. Utilizing a switching matrix with a semi-automatic or fully-automatic wafer prober enables characterization tests to be automated, eliminating the need to have an operator manually reposition the probes each time a new module needs to be tested. This reduces both test time and cost.
Many available switching matrices have inherent limitations. For example, many switching matrices degrade the low-current measurement performance of a semiconductor parameter analyser and become the weakest link in the measurement chain. A switching matrix with an insufficient number of internal paths cannot support both a 4-terminal, full-Kelvin measurement and a capacitance meter, requiring time-consuming manual cabling changes each time measurement changes from IV to CV. Lastly, when a switching matrix cannot compensate capacitance measurements for the measurement distortion created by path length, results will be inaccurate.
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- Lighted display of relay status for fast verification and debug of measurement setups
- Front panel control support via keypad or optional light pen
- Keysight EasyEXPERT software can control and automate switch settings via an intuitive GUI
- Optimized CV inputs with integrated EasyEXPERT software capacitance compensation
- 10 femtoamp measurement resolution through the switch using 4156C, B1500A, or E5270B HRSMU
- Transient current settling time (to < 300 fA) of less than 2 seconds (10 V input step) (Supplemental Information)
- 30 MHz bandwidth (- 3dB) (Supplemental Information)
- Channel isolation of 50 teraohms for low-current (triaxial) paths
- 8 low-current (triaxial) and 6 general-purpose (coaxial) inputs
- Modular design supports x12, x24, x36,and x48 triaxial output configurations
- 14 internal paths (no multiplexed inputs)
- Compatible with Keysight B2220A low-leakage probe card interface