60GHz 2/4 Port Electrical Remote Sampling Head
Manufacturer's part number :
The N1045A 60 GHz remote sampling head module is engineered to provide superior measurement accuracy with the highest throughput for testing multi-lane electrical designs. The remote head design allows the high-bandwidth sampler to be located very near the device under test which minimizes loss due to cabling.
To efficiently test the high density port counts used in today’s high-speed designs, each N1045A module can be configured with either two or four remote head samplers. The 86100D DCA-X wide-bandwidth oscilloscope mainframe can accept up to four N1045A modules resulting in a flexible channel count from two to sixteen electrical channels in a single mainframe. User-selectable bandwidth settings of 60/45/35/20 GHz allow the user to configure the module for minimum noise (< 300 uV) or maximum bandwidth (65 GHz typical). To minimize signal degradation due to adapters, users may also choose to have the samplers configured with 1.85mm male or female connectors. Independent skew control on each sampler allows users to remove skew due to cables or fixtures.
When the N1045A is combined with the 86107A Precision Timebase module the 86100D can provide up to eight 60 GHz channels with ultra-low timebase jitter of less than 200 fs rms, ideal for efficiently testing a quad port device operating at 25 – 28 Gbps, for example. Clock recovery capability is available using the 83496B Clock Recovery module, N4877A CDR and Demultiplexer, or other external clock recovery instrument.
Technical Data :
Quote and availability
- 60 GHz bandwidth (65 GHz typical)
- 2 or 4 channels per module (user-selectable option; upgradeable)
- User-selectable bandwidth settings of 60/45/35/20 GHz
- Electrical Inputs: 1.85mm male or female (user-selectable option)
- Up to 4 modules per 86100D DCA-X mainframe
- 2 to 16 electrical channels per mainframe
- Simultaneous data acquisition on all channels
- Parallel measurements on all channels
- Independent skew control on each sampler (included)
- Industry’s lightest and smallest remote sampling heads
- Remote head mounting bracket (included)
- Color LED channel identification
- 40G/100G Ethernet
- OIF-CEI 3.0
- 16x/32x Fibre Channel
- Fast and accurate waveform characterisation on high-speed ICs (ASIC/FPGA/”Gear boxes”)